Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

HIKU, Panapa / Kirimatao  

RSS
chemaree@bigpond.com OWC
(@chemareebigpond-com-owc)

Kia Ora!!

Anyone out there related to the HIKU whanau?? Wanting to catch-up with any whanau out there!!Hiku from Otaua - North Island (bought up in Pukekohe) Kia Ora! The above mentioned names are my tipuna. Their children are Piwi-Tai-Victor-Kare-Keita-Massey only three survive today.

Posted : 09 December, 2005 10:05 pm
Kaye-Kaye OWC
(@kaye-kaye-owc)

Kia Ora!

I went to school with two Hiku boys, one called Terry Hiku and Tai Hiku 1986-1987 Te Awamutu Intermedite. I remembered they had dark beautiful skin and shiny black hair and your typical Maori boy features which you hardly see nowadays too much peroxide ne! They moved away not long after but something happened and yeah gone the next day practically.
hope this was helpful or put you in the right direction for finding your whanau.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 December, 2005 8:44 am
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

My dad's first wife was Mere [Mary] Hiku from Hokianga [Waima I think]. From that marriage, they had my older half-sister. Mary Hiku would have been born somewhere in the 1930's.
I am from my old man's third spouse.
Would appreciate any info on Mary's whanau please.

Kia ora!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 December, 2005 10:14 am
Teowai OWC
(@teowai-owc)

I'm a Hiku. My whanau is from Otaua. We come from Manoaa Hiku & Te Po (nee) Heta Hona. My grandparents have lived in Pukekohe for the last 30+years. My grandmother Martha passed away last saturday but my grandfather Whare Hiku is still active and very involved with Nga Hau E Wha marae. They had 8 Kids, Lavinia, Kenneth, Rose, Lynette, Angeline, Joe, Vanesse aka Dagga and Wayne. Lynette is my mother.
I live in Aussie and have been here for the last 2 years

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 December, 2005 7:13 pm
tutulegs OWC
(@tutulegs-owc)

Kia Ora Teowai
Where abouts in Sydney are you? Have known you since you were born in Auckland. I travel back and forth from Ak - SYD almost every weekend. Be great to catch up with you.
Hei konei
tutulegs@hotmail.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 December, 2005 9:16 pm
D_STYLES_NZ OWC
(@d_styles_nz-owc)

Kia ora whanau, my Dad is Tapiki son of Panapa. I'm in Hurstville, Sydney. Holla at me sometime.dixonhiku@hotmail.com
[img] [/img]

Edited by - D_STYLES_NZ on Dec 31 2005 4:53:55 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 December, 2005 4:46 pm
footsouljah OWC
(@footsouljah-owc)

Hello all,

My name is Lee Hiku, I'm the son of William Hiku, who is the son of James Hiku and his father is Te Aru, or according to Uncle Whare it's Tu Te Aru. Any ways, after reading the above...Manoaa, Panapa & Tu Te Aru are brothers and they are 3 of the 13 children of Hori & Ngahuia Hiku.
I have a brother (Hemi) living in Waiuku, close contact to Uncle Whare, this is where and how I get my information.

I have part of a family tree that dates back to 1840 (excel spreadsheet) if you would like a copy, just email me at dahiku@bigpond.com

I live in Horsham, Victoria. I've been in oz for 13 years.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 January, 2006 3:43 pm
Share: