Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

HILL or HIRA, , Maria MILL,, TAARE, Bella  

RSS
peti OWC
(@peti-owc)

Kia ora whanau! Looking for more of our whanau - Maria HILL/HIRA, Te Whanau-a-Apanui from Whitianga Opotiki east coast.Youngest daughter of Whareherehere Mataki ANARU & Roger HILL. She married Makarauria /Karauria MILL. Their eldest daughter Bella married Whare? TAARE and is my mother's first cousin. Really appreciate it if anyone can help us reconnect with whanau.

Posted : 05 March, 2006 1:16 pm
peti OWC
(@peti-owc)

Kia ora ano whanau ,

i've just come across the names of the rest of my aunt Maria HILL/(MILL)' children;many of the MILL whanau lived in the Gisborne rohe. Tuahine ,Timoro ,Rauroha (NGERENGERE), Reremoana(HARRIS), Ngawaiwera , Karaitiana , Renata (Len) (whangai by WHAREHINGA), Hori , Matire (HENRY),Tame & Ngaere (FOWLER). note married names in brackets.

One of Bella's sons was in SAS, Vietnam at about the same time as my brother.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 March, 2006 9:07 pm
ihiperamahuika OWC
(@ihiperamahuika-owc)

quote:

Kia ora whanau! Looking for more of our whanau - Maria HILL/HIRA, Te Whanau-a-Apanui from Whitianga Opotiki east coast.Youngest daughter of Whareherehere Mataki ANARU & Roger HILL. She married Makarauria /Karauria MILL. Their eldest daughter Bella married Whare? TAARE and is my mother's first cousin. Really appreciate it if anyone can help us reconnect with whanau.

Kia ora Peti.
If the whanau you are looking for are the very ones that I know. Bella married Hihi Taare. (second marriage) They have a son who was in the SAS. His name is Mira. Bella and Hihi begat, Mira, Charlie, Duncan, Wi, Sue, Liz and Bubby. You can contact Wi Taare through the Mental Health residence home in Root Street, Gisborne. If you ring 06 868 6742 (Mental Health Relationship Services) they may be able to give you the contact number to reach Wi.

I know Wi personally. He is related to me through his mother Bella (nee Mills) and through his father as well.

Good Luck

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 April, 2006 6:04 pm
peti OWC
(@peti-owc)

Kia ora Ihepera,

Nga mihi ki a koe! Many thanks for your help. Absolutely rapt. Will ring Wi after the easter break.

Arohanui
Peti

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 April, 2006 1:47 pm
Bob Hill OWC
(@bob-hill-owc)

Tena koe,

My grandfather was Waru Hill, also known as Waru Werohia as he was brought up by the Werohia Whanau in Papamoa. He was one of two sons, the other was Hemi, who died in France.

Waru was the son of Whareherehere and Roger Hill. His mother Wharehere was the daughter of Peti Te Ha and Anaru Mataki

Waru was also know as Robert Hill and he had three sons and a daughter. He is buried in the Return Services Cemetary in Palmerston North.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 April, 2006 8:25 pm
peti OWC
(@peti-owc)

Tena ra koe , Bob

How wonderful to hear from you! I knew your grandfather uncle Bob, but unfortunately lost touch with the whanau after Nuki died. I'll send you another mail shortly.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 April, 2006 9:08 pm
sooty59 OWC
(@sooty59-owc)

Kia ora

I am writing a book on Te Puke and surrounds and am looking for more information on the Werohia family of Papamoa. So far I have

WEROHIA Henare (-)

WEROHIA Whetu Henare (-) 1NZEF16/856 m Margery Dinah KEMPTON England 1914-8?
KEMPTON-WEROHIA Blyth (c1921-1942) RNZAF 41385 Canada
WEROHIA Waru (-) 1NZEF 19502

Surname WEROHIA
Given Name Whetu
Category Nominal Roll Vol. 1
Regimental Number 16/856
Rank Corporal
Body or Draft Second Maori
Marital Status S
Last NZ Address Papamoa
Next of Kin Title Henare
Next of Kin Surname WEROHIA
Next of Kin Relationship Father
Next of Kin Address Papamoa Tauranga

Surname WEROHIA
Given Name Waro
Category Nominal Roll Vol. 3
Regimental Number 19502
Rank Private
Next of Kin Title Henare
Next of Kin Surname WEROHIA
Next of Kin Relationship Father
Next of Kin Address Papamoa Tauranga
Roll 52
Page 37
Occupation Farmer

After World War One the dashing Captain Werohia arrived home with his lovely English Bride. Farmed at Papamoa had 2 children – Derek and a sister

KEMPTON-WEROHIA, BLYTH Initials: B Nationality: New Zealand Rank: Sergeant (Pilot) Regiment/Service: Royal New Zealand Air Force Age: 21 Date of Death: 14/08/1942 Service No: 41385 Additional information: Son of Whetu Henare Kempton-Werohia and Margery Dinah Kempton-Werohia, of Te Puke, Auckland, New Zealand. Casualty Type: Commonwealth War Dead Grave/Memorial Reference: Sec. 29. Lot 1. Grave 130. Cemetery: OTTAWA (BEECHWOOD) CEMETERY Canada

Births Jun 1896 FREE UK BDM
Kempton Margery Dinah Chesterton 3b456

If anyone can help with more details and whakapapa on this family I would be most pleased to hear from you.
Yours
Christine Clement
Te Puke
cmclement@clear.net.nz

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 October, 2006 6:20 pm
Richard1 OWC
(@richard1-owc)

Tena Koe e Peti

My name is Richard Henry, I am the eldest son of Matire Henry nee Mill and one of many grandsons of the late nanny Maria.
I happened into this site by mistake and was quiet suprised to see my nannys name mentioned. I am about to embark on a discovery of my own whakapapa and you have given me a point to start from

No Reira
nga mihi o te Tau hou ki a koe
raua o to whanau.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 January, 2007 12:23 pm
peti OWC
(@peti-owc)

Kia Richard,

Nga mihi o te tau hou ki a koe me to whanau.

It's great to hear from you...to re-connect with our aunty maria' whanau. i've sent you a private message so look forward to hearing from you soon to catch up on the whanau.

Arohanui
Peti

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 January, 2007 5:08 pm
Share: