Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

HILLMAN, Rose(Paku) and Thomas(Tame)  

RSS
Neff OWC
(@neff-owc)

Wanting info on my grandmother's(Mereana Grace(nee Walker)younger sister who married Thomas HILLMAN from Taneatua/Whakatane area late 1800's/early 1900's ? Was Erana Hillman(1 of 5 children), who married Hamiora GRACE, her granddaughter?Erana's father was William HILLMAN who married Ngaperu RAURIKI. Rose was also married to a JAMEISON and later a SOUTAR. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by - Neff on Mar 19 2006 08:10:51 AM

Posted : 15 February, 2006 10:36 pm
pfs OWC
(@pfs-owc)

Dear Neff,

I'm not sure if I can help you or you will be helping me more.
My 3rd great grandmother, Hera Ana Inuwaitai Te whakaauriki married a man name Thomas Hillman in the 1840/1850's. They had 4 children. One was called William. Hera Ana's sister was called Erana.
I know nothing of that Thomas Hillman or his son, William, but think it is possible that they could be the same people you are referring to.

Please let me know if you can help.

Thanks

Paul Speechlay

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 April, 2006 12:53 pm
karleen06 OWC
(@karleen06-owc)

Hi Neff, My Nanny Belle Soutar was the daughter of Rose Paku nee Walker who married a Haturini and between Rose and Haturini (don't know first name) had Tuhoro, Hei Hei, Hape, Hewa, Ani who married Billy Hillman, Terere. It was Nai who then married a Jamieson and had Clara Kate and somewhere Ronald had and Samuel-Bonny and a Barney-Sam Samuel-Bonny was the result of Ronald and Clara I think. Rose Paku was one of Matire Taunaha and Isaac Walker(Arama Te Mataku) and from what I gather these last two had Marianne who married a Wi Grace, Susan married a Dodds, Vera married Rev. E Kawhia, John married Florence Healy, Rose married Haturini and Ronald Soutar, Sam, Ben married Hati Whangapirith?, Jane, Isaac who married Mereana Tairua sister of Wi Grace. Very confusing but hopefully maybe some help.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 July, 2006 12:22 am
Aubry OWC
(@aubry-owc)

The Arthur whanau in Porirua are trying to establish why the Name Hillman is so prominent as a 2nd christian name in the family. Since 1830's here in NZ they have carried the Hillman name ????

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 August, 2006 12:26 am
Johnson OWC
(@johnson-owc)

Hi Karleen and Neff.

Your pretty onto it Karleen but BEN married Mary Hayes, they lived in Tuparoa and JANE married Hati Whangapirita.

This link MAY help, its more about the Walker whanau, but who knows where that could lead. Best luck. Aiken Johnson

http://www.traill.net.nz/walker/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 November, 2006 12:30 pm
allikat1 OWC
(@allikat1-owc)

Kia Ora all, my name is Allister Walker and I am a Walker from Te Kaha. First of all I would like to expand a little more on the children of Isaac Walker and Matire Taunaha. Maryanne married Wi Grace who was my grandfathers' first cousin, Susan married John Dods and they farmed at Opotiki. Hera married the Rev Eruera Kawhia, John served in the Boer War and has family in the Waikato. Paku (as mentioned by you all) maried a Soutar and a Hillman.

Sam married a Faulkner(whanau in Tauranga and Whakatane), Ben lived in the Waikato and Bay of Plenty, Jane married Hati Whangapirita from Ruatoria and Isaac married Mereana Tairua, one of Wi Grace's sisters.

My aunty Rose Wharepapa is a mokopuna of Paku and I knew her well before she passed away. My father was brought up just below where she and Uncle Whiowhio lived. Her brother Fred Phares, also married into Te Whanau a Apanui, to Noti Tiopira and they had a son Joe. Uncle Joe (Tiopira) married Mere Koopu, the daughter of Pauline Ngamoki and Takataka Koopu.

If you want to know more, search this site under Hori Punehu or if I can help in any way, feel free to contact me.
Ka Kite ano

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 March, 2007 10:57 pm
Share: