Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

HOHEPA, Papanui Turei aka Robert Mackie  

RSS
Grafik
(@grafik)

Had no luck in the other forum so thought to try this one, am trying to find relatives of the above (my partners father) at this stage we think he was born Papanui Turei Hohepa II in 1947 (possibly in Thames or around that area) so I guess his father had the same name!! He was adopted out though and lived in Rotorua as a child under the name Robert Mackie, aaaany help at all or contact from whanau would be greatly appreciated!! I'll try and answer any q's aswell 🙂
Tee

Posted : 14 September, 2005 6:58 pm
joannebg121 OWC
(@joannebg121-owc)

Hi! I have left a message on the post by KRM but thought id try both to get a response. My father the late Pene Turei Hohepa had a younger brother who was adopted out to i think its Rosie Mackie. I only knew him as Uncle Bobby and had only met him once in Newcastle, Australia. Was only young when i met him but my mother has photos of him performing in a band on a cruise ship. If that sounds familiar to you then we possibly have the same person in mind. If so then as far as i know there were 5 boys and 2 girls thats including your father-in-law. There was my father as above. Jimmy, Moses, and Papanui who would be his namesake. The sisters Te Aurere and another whom i cant recall the name as yet. The parents were Turei Hohepa and Maata Te Taha Pene. All of whom have now passed on. Leaving Uncle Bobby as the only full blood sibling of the above left.
However there are alot of us to carry on the name so if you would like to know more ... please feel free to get back....

Till then...
Take Care...
Joanne Hohepa

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 November, 2005 6:53 pm
joannebg121 OWC
(@joannebg121-owc)

Hay! Just an update on the above message. As far as my mother knows, one of our cousins had said they had visited him about 2/3 years ago and he did not want to know them. Apparently when we were in OZ he asked my father why he got adopted out. My mother told me that he was not the only one of their siblings who were adopted out. Maata Te Taha Pene was deaf as were most of her children and could not cope with all her kids. That is the story i know. Unfortunately since all of them have passed on i have only been able to find out a little bit about their life when they were young. However if you or your partner would like to know who all the whanau are please do get back as i would be happy to share that with you.
Once again till then take care....

Joanne Hohepa

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 November, 2005 6:57 am
Relization OWC
(@relization-owc)

Kia Ora
I am still getting use to this site but I am trying to put my family tree together. My grandmother was Iwingaroa Edith Healy who married Sidney Hau whom are burried at the cematary in Kaikohe. My grandmothers mum was Kare Hohepa Repia. And her parents were Ririhapeti(Elizabeth)Hetaraka and Hopep(Joesph)Repia.
I do know when I tried doing my whakapapa some years back The last name Hohepa was in there but unfortunatley it was destroyed.I only know very little to but I will let you know when I make further progress.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 December, 2005 11:43 am
Share: