Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

HONETANA  

RSS
Broni OWC
(@broni-owc)

Also would like to add hi there my sister soraya how are ya! N e hu would like to say that me and my sister were brought up with Aggie and Pat Cassidy by our other mum who was Media who was uncle Hone's sister. So hi to all the "HONETANA'S" out there.

Posted : 18 July, 2006 10:47 pm
shoogydoogy OWC
(@shoogydoogy-owc)

THAT IS VERY SWEET OF YOU MY TITA. HI TO ALL THE RELOS THAT WE HAVENT MET AND MAYBE ONE WILL MEET!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 July, 2006 10:28 am
Broni OWC
(@broni-owc)

And same to you to my tita I'm actually at kura today! Man there's is so much whanau out there its really great when you find out aye tita!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 July, 2006 3:07 pm
shoogydoogy OWC
(@shoogydoogy-owc)

YOUR NOT WRONG MY TITA, ONE IN PARTICULAR MIGHT HAVE ANSWERS TO THE WHERE WHY AND HOW ABOUT OUR MOTHER AND OTHER WHANAU FROM MOTATAU I THINK HIS NAME WAS WIREMU. CYA AND LUV YA

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 July, 2006 10:49 pm
MBCarlyonHonetana OWC
(@mbcarlyonhonetana-owc)

Kia ora,

My Name is Martine Radidi. I'm married but my maiden name is Martine Carlyon Honetana. My fathers name is Harry Honetana and he is one of at least 13 Children of Vera May Honetana and Okeroa Honetana. The family jump between Johnson and Honetana names. My Grandfather's parents were Te Mamae Karapu Honetana and Tamati Paeroa Honetana. The Honetana line eventually drew me to Waitii in 1998 when my ucle passed away. I am on here to learn about and collate my whakapapa so any honetana whanau please contact me. I have some whakapapa books from the Pouaka Paki line and I am more than happy to collaborate with anyone who needs it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 September, 2006 12:29 pm
shoogydoogy OWC
(@shoogydoogy-owc)

WAS HER NICK NAME AUNTY POWDER-(VERA I MEAN). IS SHE FAIR QUITE A DISTINGUISHED LOOKING LADY WITH BLUE EYES.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 October, 2006 1:00 am
MBCarlyonHonetana OWC
(@mbcarlyonhonetana-owc)

She was fair and distinguished looking, she looked ehaps like my uncle David. I dont know if she had blue eyes and I am not sure if that was her nick name, I'll ask my Dad.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 October, 2006 9:53 am
Darleen Tana OWC
(@darleen-tana-owc)

quote:

She was fair and distinguished looking, she looked ehaps like my uncle David. I dont know if she had blue eyes and I am not sure if that was her nick name, I'll ask my Dad.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 March, 2008 10:31 am
Darleen Tana OWC
(@darleen-tana-owc)

Kia ora koutou

My name is Darleen and I am daughter of Te Wini Honetana (aka Muffy, Muppie, Murphy, Father Murphy) who was a brother to Hone, Pumau, Miria, Puta, Wacey, Haki, and Vera. Dad died in Feb 2005 and so that was really the last time I saw most of the Honetana (Tana) whanau. Sadly, I couldn't get back to Uncle Hone's hui....

Of the surviving siblings, I can report that Aunty Vera is still very distinguished looking (saw her in Jan 2008 during brief visit to Moerewa). And Uncle Haki is still going strong according to what I hear from my squash-loving spies in Whangarei:)

Like all the Honetana whanau, I have lots bros and sis too. Dad married 2x so from first marriage to (?) Celia (i think that's her name:/) he has: Amelia (deceased - namesake to Aunty Miria), Edmond (deceased), Lynette, Ada, Murphy, Sylvia, Mark, Nigel, Lillybell. From Dad's second marriage to my Mum, Susan: they have me, Reena, Murphy (yep: 2bros named Murphy) and Chervonne (aka Chevy).

We all have kids ourselves too and honestly last count of mokos was beyond 150 (about 10 years ago).

I remember you Bronwyn and Soraya and the visits up to your house in Te Kao. I remember Aunty Miria's mexican walking fish and going to the beach on horseback with uncle knoxy to get tuatua.

It's been gr8t to read about you all discovering yourselves online! Especially to read names of whanau who have not seen in a LOOOONNNNGGG time. Big shout outs to all of you.

Gr8t too to see the feeds from the Te Kero and Mangu whanau. Keep going with this and indeed if there are plans to pull a reunion together, then please go ahead and keep the rest of us informed.

I'm still living in Belgium but am planning a definitive return to Aotearoa in a couple of years, so will be looking fwd to catching up with many of you 'live' very soon.

Arohanui, Darleen:)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 March, 2008 10:58 am
Share: