Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

HONETANA- MEHAKA,TIPENE-HAKA  

RSS
shoogydoogy OWC
(@shoogydoogy-owc)

TextTextText

HI EVERYONE MY NAME IS SORAYA I AM TRYING TO FIND INFORMATION REGARDING MY PARENTS NOW DECEASED. MY FATHERS NAME BEING MEHAKA HONETANA-[MIKA] FROM POKAPU AND MY MUMS NAME BEING HAKA NEE/TIPENE FROM MOTATAU. MY MUM HAD A SISTER AUNTY JANIE WHO WAS A SPITTING IMAGE OF MY MUM AND A FRIEND OR ANOTHER AUNTY NAMED MARAMA NOT TOO SURE. MYSELF AND ANOTHER SISTER WERE FOSTERED OUT TO A FAMILY AND ALTHOUGH WE KEPT IN CONTACT WITH OUR BIOLOGICAL PARENTS I NEVER REALLY GOT TO KNOW WHERE, WHEN,WHAT AND HOW WE ALL CAME ABOUT, SO ANY INFORMATION BIG OR SMALL WOULD BE GREATFUL.

Posted : 07 July, 2006 12:30 am
poutuedwards
(@poutuedwards)
Eminent Member

Kia ora Soraya,
I dont know where the Honetana lines come from, but my mums mother was a Honetana and she died when mum was a young teen, so info about that is a little on the low side. But the whanau hailed from Morrinsville mostly, although they are spread out all over the Aotearoa, now-a-days, the roots still seem to be planted firmly in Tainui.

peaceful regard
Jacqui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 September, 2006 4:46 am
MBCarlyonHonetana OWC
(@mbcarlyonhonetana-owc)

Honetana Lines in my whanau come from Waitii marae in Tahuna Morrinsville Waikato. There are a tonne of Honetana in the urupa but the marae visits are usually restricted to tangihanga and meetings held once a month. Email me if you ant to trade more information. I have a whakapapa book which relates us back to Ormsby, WIlliams Paki's and heaps more. Look forward to hearing from you. I too am trying to collate whakapapa for my son and my siblings.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 September, 2006 12:36 pm
MBCarlyonHonetana OWC
(@mbcarlyonhonetana-owc)

Um who was your mother? Waitii is where there are heaps of Honetana names.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 September, 2006 12:37 pm
Share: