Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

HORI Whanau: Whakapapa from Taranaki  

y2ranga
(@y2ranga)

Our whanau of Kaitupeka are trying to establish a link with the Hori whanau of Taranaki. Our tupuna came away from Taranaki (Ngati Ruanui) and we have lost that link. We are know that our tupuna Te Arairiri Turu Hori still had cousins alive in Normanby in 1967 and family from Kaitupeka attended a Tangi at Ohangai. We are aware that we are connected to the Whareaitu and Haweturi whanau. Any korero would help.Y2ranga

Edited by - poutokomanawa on Mar 07 2005 10:33:07 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 November, 2004 9:36 am
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora Y2ranga

[url="http://www.genealogy.com/users/c/o/f/Bill-Coffey/index.html?Welcome=1023262512"]Here[/url] is a link I came across today while looking for info to awhi others. Although it does not specifially have Hori whanau, listed are Early Taranaki Whakapapa, urupa and school rolls, so maybe there will be some info there for you to awhi in your search

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 December, 2004 1:34 pm
Mikaere OWC
(@mikaere-owc)

Kia Ora Y2rangi

My grandfather was a Hori from the far North. His name was Tetatau Pura Hori from Waikere. He had two wives. His first wife was Muki Ngawhika. They had 14 children. There are only three of those children left. Anne Hori whos is now a Mrs Thomas, Hammi Hori and Michael. Michael lives in Auckland and Hammi and Anne lives in Whangaruru north east of Whangarei. Hammi has a complete whakapapa of his father and the connection with the Hori whanau from the far north to Taranaki.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 March, 2005 8:22 pm
y2ranga
(@y2ranga)

He mihi nui tenei kia koutou katoa i tautoko nei i ahau me taku whanau o Kaitupeka, ki te kimi i te ukaipotanga o to matou tupuna a Te Terenga Hakona Hori. E mihi kau ana, a mihi kau ana. I have had some awesome responses, not all responses have been posted here but have been directly to my email address. The responses have been all been shared with our whanau, these responses has made the journey so much easier for whanau to venture where they had otherwise been reluctant to go. No reira tena koe e Maori.org.nz na koutou me nga manaakitanga o te whanau o maori.org.nz ka pumau te kimi o te whanau o Turu Te Arairiri Hori.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 March, 2005 8:30 pm
Kaye-Kaye OWC
(@kaye-kaye-owc)

Kia ora Y2ranga

I live in South Taranaki Okaiawa to be exact! My husband is of Ngaruahine and Ngati Ruanui descent and yes there are plenty of the Turu Hori Whanau here from Kaitupeka and Yes they acknowledge their ties to Kaitupeka. Wharepuni is the marae they affiliate with down here plus many more please contact Kaumatua/Minita Aroha Wharemate at Ngati Ruanui Tahua Hawera. I hope this helps
Kia Ora Mai ano!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 November, 2005 8:24 am
K.Wright OWC
(@k-wright-owc)

Kia Ora,

My Nanny's name was Tapora Hori, she came from the Kaipara region, her father's name was Hamahona Hori, and he lived around Kaiwaka, but we're still haven't found them, their is a connection somehow to Rotorua and also Taranaki as well as Pouto, Kaipara.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
My email address is diamond12@xtra.co.nz

Kia Ora
Kim

Edited by - K.Wright on Jul 15 2006 3:09:53 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 July, 2006 3:07 pm

Working

Please Login or Register