Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

HOTERE, Frances: looking for my dad  

Bubblez OWC
(@bubblez-owc)

I would be grateful for any help as i have very little information. I know that he lived in Cambridge, New Zealand in 1995 and that he lived there ever since he was young he may have been born there. His name was frank/ie or frances. He worked at a dairy/milk factory in the area. My mother's name was Jill but i was adopted by my grandmother and moved to England. I know that he is maori and had many relatives in the area. I lived in the same town when i was younger and met him by chance but never knew that he was my father. I would just like to know more about him and i guess more about myself and where i come from. I'm not expecting to be reunited with him or to interupt his life if he feels he isn't ready. I'm moving back to new zealand in 5 years time and i guess it would be nice to have a coffee. Odd i know but for me a coffe with him every 20 something years is just fine! I hope someone out there can help me. Thanx

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 May, 2005 4:52 pm
Kapi Whenuaroa OWC
(@kapi-whenuaroa-owc)

Hi there
The Hotere Family is very large, they stretch as far south as Tokoroa and as far north as Kaitaia, you may want to check the directorys.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 May, 2005 1:12 pm
Koko OWC
(@koko-owc)

Hi there
I am a Hotere. My father Matiu Hotere has some information regarding your father. He has to check his records but he believes your grandfather Aterea or Ted Hotere is his uncle. Dad just walked in from Kaikohe as I was reading your note ... So we will get back to you once we know definitely. Dad tells me Granny Aterea had 14 children and the allot of them were adopted out to other families. All the Hotere whanau are related and Dad has our whakapapa. Im pretty excited for you and I hope we can help you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 May, 2005 2:23 pm

Working

Please Login or Register