Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

HURIA Hutika: Help with my whakapapa  

RSS
chocy_gumdrops OWC
(@chocy_gumdrops-owc)

Looking for any help i can on my great, grandmother Hutika Huria and her sister Tini the most i now is her Father was Hopeha and Mother Katarina Pau but we dont know to much on her parental side of things Both are of Ngai Tahu descent as far as we know
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

Posted : 23 April, 2006 1:18 pm
ChrisM
(@chrism)

Kia ora Fiona,
In the Ngai Tahu "Blue Book" there is a listing

106 Hohepa Huria, (for the Cantebury Census)

if this is your tipuna then the whakapapa unit at Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu will help you. Below is a website with some info on contact/registration.

http://www.ngaitahu.iwi.nz/Whakapapa%20Registration

Ka kite Chris

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 April, 2006 10:59 am
wazzamyname OWC
(@wazzamyname-owc)

Hi Fiona

I also am a descendant of Hohepa huria. Your great grandmother Hutika was the eldest of 2 children of Hohepa and Katarina Pau. Hinewetea was her sister. Hutika married (1) Rereti, (2) Silk and also (3) Murry Crofts. She had 6 children Tokotowhare Silk, George Silk, Colin Silk to her 2nd marriage and Hapa Ngau Crofts, Raymond Crofts and Edward Crofts to her 3rd marriage. If you would like to know more, I have the entire descendants of Hohepa Huriomana Huria as well.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 January, 2008 9:33 am
wixz OWC
(@wixz-owc)

Hi whanaunga,
I am one of Hutika's mokos. I would be very interested in any info you may have on Hohepa Huria.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 January, 2008 8:02 pm
gran OWC
(@gran-owc)

Hi Wazzamyname, I am a granddauhter of Hutika and I am curious to know your connection to Hohepa.

Edited by - gran on Feb 01 2008 08:28:27 AM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 February, 2008 8:27 am
Share: