Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

HUTCHINSON, Marsh (Maihi): Help with my whakapapa  

d-hutch OWC
(@d-hutch-owc)

Grandfather HUTCHINSON, Marsh (Maihi). From the Coromandel region. Born approximately 1890. Moved north to the Kaipara district about 1906-10. Married and settled in the north.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 March, 2005 9:58 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora d-hutch,

If you go to http://www.familysearch.org and put Marsh in the First name and HUTCHINSON in the surname, setting the country to New Zealand you will find some records for your Koro

Edited by - poutokomanawa on Mar 19 2005 3:38:39 PM

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 March, 2005 3:37 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora ano,

If the name for your grandmother at the familysearch site is correct, then look in the Names Being Researched list as there are members here at the Papa Panui who are that whanau also

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
Together we will get there!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 March, 2005 3:43 pm
lyvia.j@xtra.co.nz OWC
(@lyvia-jxtra-co-nz-owc)

quote:

Grandfather HUTCHINSON, Marsh (Maihi). From the Coromandel region. Born approximately 1890. Moved north to the Kaipara district about 1906-10. Married and settled in the north.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 June, 2006 7:52 pm
lyvia.j@xtra.co.nz OWC
(@lyvia-jxtra-co-nz-owc)

quote:

Tena Koe David.
I wonder if Marsh is the the same one I have heard of with a son John (living in Sydney) and daughter Susan (living in Helensville).I am related to them through Marsh's wife John said her name was Riria (Leaf).John did come back to Dargaville to visit his uncle Hira ,a little more than 10 years ago.He called into Ruawai to visit our family as well.I hope he's the same one.Good luck cuz!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 June, 2006 8:04 pm
lyvia.j@xtra.co.nz OWC
(@lyvia-jxtra-co-nz-owc)

Sorry David.I was on the right track but had the wrong generation.Your mum helped me heap. I've just been lookin at the Leaf Book and see which Marsh you're askin about now.Goodluck with your search cuz.

Edited by - lyvia.j@xtra.co.nz on Jul 20 2006 10:52:59 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 July, 2006 10:47 pm
moks OWC
(@moks-owc)

D
my greatgrandmother was a Hutchinson frm the Coromandel, buried in Paeroa, her daughter married a Tate from Ngapuhi, Marsh/Maihi are from my mother's side they have a marae in Matamata and moved on to other regions northland through to the east coast. Maihi whanau are everywhere exactly where they began is another matter I am still searching to this day.
It seems that the commonality is the Coromandel through all whanau.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 February, 2008 1:45 pm
moks OWC
(@moks-owc)

Is the Marsh his first or last name? this could be how the maihi/marsh came to be in northland or vs versa

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 February, 2008 1:50 pm
moks OWC
(@moks-owc)

Do you know when they first came over, I have accessed passenger logs of a Hutchinson family arriving in Auckland during the 1880s

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 February, 2008 4:43 pm

Working

Please Login or Register