Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

JACOBS (nee Reihana) Reremoana  

RSS
ebony OWC
(@ebony-owc)

Kia ora te katoa,

My Grandfather is Te Kooti Reihana (28th Maori Battalion). His sisters names are Kui Jacobs (nee Reihana)(deceased), Ngawiki Taiapa (nee Reihana)(deceased). The brothers names are Te Rua-Pegaleg, Tipoki-Reihana (deceased)and Te Ngaira Reihana (deceased). All are from Ngati Porou.
My Nanny Kui had a whangai, Victoria aka Wikitoria. This is where it becomes vague. To my knowledge nanny also had a moko, her name is Reremoana. Its Reremoana I'm trying to getting in contact with, would like to touch base with you soon. All good

Canea (snr)

Edited by - ebony on Sep 12 2005 11:10:52 PM

Posted : 12 September, 2005 10:59 pm
tikitwice OWC
(@tikitwice-owc)

Kia Ora,
As I was reading your panui I noticed my grandmother's name, Ngawiki Taiapa (nee Reihana). My name is Rhonda, my mother's name is Hawea. If I'm correct, you must be one of aunty Betty's son's?????

I am now living in Ahitereiria, I've heard that one of aunty Betty's son's is living here, but I'm not sure who it is.
Be grrreat to hear from you if I'm on the right track.

quote:

Kia ora te katoa,

My Grandfather is Te Kooti Reihana (28th Maori Battalion). His sisters names are Kui Jacobs (nee Reihana)(deceased), Ngawiki Taiapa (nee Reihana)(deceased). The brothers names are Te Rua-Pegaleg, Tipoki-Reihana (deceased)and Te Ngaira Reihana (deceased). All are from Ngati Porou.
My Nanny Kui had a whangai, Victoria aka Wikitoria. This is where it becomes vague. To my knowledge nanny also had a moko, her name is Reremoana. Its Reremoana I'm trying to getting in contact with, would like to touch base with you soon. All good

Canea (snr)

Edited by - ebony on Sep 12 2005 11:10:52 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 July, 2006 11:11 pm
OVRNOWT OWC
(@ovrnowt-owc)

Kia ora

My koro was a Reihana but it seems to be a little complicated from there on in. My koro's name was KARETI TIPOKI REIHANA, he married MOREHU (nee ARIARI). By looking at what you have written I am wondering if this is the same whanau. I am going on the name TIPOKI-REIHANA name you have entered wondering if that is my koro's name. Yes they were from Ngati Porou. My mum MAUKINO BAKER (nee REIHANA) is daughter of KARETI. I could inform you of her siblings but would like to know for sure if we are the same whanau. From what I know our nanny's marae is TE AOWERA (on the East) and her photo is actually in the marae. My koro went to war - YEARS AGO so once again am wondering if we are the same whanau. Would be interested to receive a reply from you

KIA ORA

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 February, 2008 8:08 pm
Share: