Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

JOHN EDMONDS WHANAU  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
ihiperamahuika OWC
(@ihiperamahuika-owc)

EDMONDS WHANAU.

Kia ora whanau.
I am trying to trace my children's Tupuna, John Edmonds. He arrived in New Zealand around the early to middle 1900's. He settled in the far North. His mokopuna were Tamanuhiri and Rueben. I do not know the others. But I do know there were more. Tamanuhiri, also known as Piwi was killed in a bulldozer accident in Te Araroa.

If you can help, I would be very grateful.

Na Ihipera Edmonds.

Posted : 06 May, 2006 1:24 am
makiff OWC
(@makiff-owc)

My GGGG Grandfather was John Samuel Edmonds (1799-1865). He arrived in Kerikeri NZ in 1833 & helped finish the Stone Store. I beleive he had a son Reuben born in about 1844 at Paitai, Northland, NZ. If this is the same one I have more info if you like.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 May, 2006 4:28 pm
Ngahuia
(@ngahuia)

I am also a descendant of John Edmond. My Great Grandfather Henry was one of his sons. I have a copy of the book written for the reunion held to mark the 150th anniversary of John and Maryanne's arrival in the Bay Of islands. There is not a lot of info about Reuben "The Rover" in it but can type up what it does have if you would like it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 May, 2006 11:04 pm
ihiperamahuika OWC
(@ihiperamahuika-owc)

quote:

My GGGG Grandfather was John Samuel Edmonds (1799-1865). He arrived in Kerikeri NZ in 1833 & helped finish the Stone Store. I beleive he had a son Reuben born in about 1844 at Paitai, Northland, NZ. If this is the same one I have more info if you like.

Hi. thank you so much for responding to my request.

The Rueben I know was born in the early 1930's. I believe he was named after the same person. I would be very grateful for more information. If this is correct then you would whanau to my children, William (25) Merearihi (20) Henipeepi (19) Shekinah (18) and Chakakhan (17) We would be very grateful for any information you may have.

Warm Regards
Ihipera

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 June, 2006 12:02 pm
ihiperamahuika OWC
(@ihiperamahuika-owc)

quote:

I am also a descendant of John Edmond. My Great Grandfather Henry was one of his sons. I have a copy of the book written for the reunion held to mark the 150th anniversary of John and Maryanne's arrival in the Bay Of islands. There is not a lot of info about Reuben "The Rover" in it but can type up what it does have if you would like it.

HI Vibrant

Thank you for responding also to our request (i.e. my children and I). Rueben's brother was Tamanuhiri, AKA Piwi. He married my children's grandmother; Henipeepi Akuhata Brown from Te Araroa. Her mother was a Collier /Stirling from Te Araroa as well.

I would appreciate any information that may help. We plan to travel through down to the far North one day to trace family.

Kind regards
Ihipera

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 June, 2006 12:09 pm
lionel OWC
(@lionel-owc)

kia ora my name is Lionel Edmonds i Live in Ngaruawahia (Waikato) my grand father on my fathers side is Eddie Ngapera Te Irimana Edmonds of Ngapuhi Ngati Hine descent my great great grand father is Manihera Edmonds and my GGG grand father is John Tucker Edmonds. And yes Rueben is mentioned in our family tree book as the ROVER?? so we are all whanau

Cheers

Lionel Edmonds

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 August, 2006 10:19 am
katyg OWC
(@katyg-owc)

quote:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 August, 2006 7:22 pm
katyg OWC
(@katyg-owc)

Kia Ora I am also a decendant of John Edmonds and the line of samual, I too have the Edmonds book.I am looking for any information and whanau to Arther Edmonds and histiry to Ada Ellen Cross her parents were William and Mary Cross. John Edmonds is my GGGG father

Ka kite ano
Katy Edmonds

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 August, 2006 7:32 pm
katyg OWC
(@katyg-owc)

quote:

Kia ora have you any info on Arther Edmonds and Ada Ellen Cross I too also have the book and would like any history on Ada

Katy Edmonds

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 August, 2006 7:38 pm
Te Kuta OWC
(@te-kuta-owc)

Kia ora Whanau,

Jus wondering if Maraea Edmonds is related to those Tipuna's, I heard she lived over 100 years old, is that the same one? if so who was her mother? and how do you get the book. haha, sounds pretty interesting, awesome to see Edmonds.

We can't live on love and pipi's alone.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 August, 2006 8:33 pm
Arongo
(@arongo)

Tena koutou te Whanau!!!! My name is Arongo Te Whiu and my mother is Babara Edmonds and I am also a desendant of John Tucker Edmonds. I was fortunate enough to be present at the Edmonds Family reunion back in the 80's. I know that there was a book that showed how we were all connected as our family history weaves in and out of the european and maori world. To my knowledge Maraea was a Pekama from Ngawha..Just going on what I have heard as my mothers younger sister is named after her. We have a Homestead in Ngawha along the main road heading towards Kaikohe from Auckland. There are photos of our tupuna there. I have a feeling that our whanau has grown immensly since 1985 and maybe its time to update the whakapapa tree???

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 September, 2006 4:23 am
kerbab OWC
(@kerbab-owc)

I aggree with updating the family tree also. Please does anyone now about Aroha Islad in Kerikeri??? Urgently need info as have heard DOC are selling it as no monies??

Donna Kerr

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 November, 2006 4:51 pm
Wiremu Teohomauri OWC
(@wiremu-teohomauri-owc)

Kia Ora to all the Edmonds whanau. Here are some of the descendants of John Edmonds taken from the book 'Wharekahika, a history of Hicks Bay' written by Lloyd Lawson.

GRAHAM PAPAKA (NANAKIA) EDMONDS
ERANA KAWA AHURIRI-POTAE
John Edmonds and his wife Mary settled in the Kerikeri area around the mid 1800s. Their son John Tucker Edmonds married Raiha Pekama and the couple had 21 children. The youngest, Graham Papaka Edmonds (Nanakia) moved to Hicks bay at the age of 14 with a Ngapuhi bush-felling gang. At the age of 21, he married Erana Kawa Ahuriri-Potae and the couple raised 15 children, Pani, Graham (Sonny), Piwi, William, Milton, Brian, Reuben, Cecilia, Hannah, George, Alice, Susan, Mark (Bill) and Esther.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 August, 2007 1:04 am
Te Rena OWC
(@te-rena-owc)

Kia ora I'm related to the Edmonds through my grt,grt,grt ,grt grndfather who was :Arthur Edmonds the son of :John Samuel Edmonds who was born:Sussex ,Hastings .England,Dec.21st 1799.Now Arthur was married to Erana Pehi who was his 1st wife( this is where my whanau come from )there 5th child was :Matilda Edmonds she is my grt,grt,grndmother is married a :Davis Andrew Strongman.So I'm related to you all as I've been doing my Whakapapa for the last 6- 7years ,and I'm still adding other whanau as well.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 August, 2007 3:39 pm
Te Rena OWC
(@te-rena-owc)

Kia ora Donna , I think Aroha Island is located somewhere up the kerikeri river, as I lived on an island called : Old Womans Island when I was only about 1 or 2 yrs old. and I remember my mum mentioning something about her tupuna being buried there (I think Matilda Edmonds was buried there.? )

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 August, 2007 3:44 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: