Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

JOHNSON, Lorraine HInekura: Looking for lost familymembers  

RSS
lorraine
(@lorraine)

Hello

My dad's name is Leslie Johnson (deceased), my grandparents name are Harry and Vera Johnson AKA Honetana (who are both deceased)from Waiti Marae. As my parents separated over 30 years ago, we lived estranged from my dad and family most of that time in Wanganui. My dad came from a family of 21 children. I remember only 2 aunties, Daphne and Vera, and 2 survivng uncles Ben and Harry. As i have fond memories of my childhood, I promised myself I would get to know my lost family. There are things I want to know I have 6 children whom knows nothing or no one on that side of the family. I want to know my whole family history, photos,etc. Not only for myself but for my children and grandchild. We have been in Australia for 12 years, but when I go home I want to see all my family. My mum's maiden name was Miriama KauKau from Waharoa before marrying my dad.

Posted : 03 June, 2007 2:21 am
kiwibazz OWC
(@kiwibazz-owc)

hi my name is barry my grandparents names are gordon and helen cole aka herana mamai honetana both deceased i knew some of the johnsons ill ask my mother about your searching see wat she knows and ill get back to you

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 June, 2007 12:20 am
lorraine
(@lorraine)

Hi my name is Lorraine, thankyou for your reply i do appreciate every response i get, i have since recieved an email from a cuz i never knew who stays in waiti my grandma's last name is Gentry, i think my great grandparents are Taamati Paeroa Honetana and Te Mamae Haimona Honetana i am still waiting for more details via mail, but you know the more you find out the more complete you get so still keep in touch who knows you we may be on the same line,by the way i stay here in Qld Australia let me know what you find out and thanks

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 June, 2007 12:23 pm
benandsoph OWC
(@benandsoph-owc)

Kiaora
my name is Ben Johnson son of Benjamin James Johnson/Honetana and Josie Borrell.

my dad lives somewhere in chch and keeps in contact with Harry who lives somewhere in the waikato..

my email address is nir_vana06@hotmail.com..

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 June, 2007 8:20 pm
lorraine
(@lorraine)

Hi just recieved your message. i remember Uncle Ben and Aunt Jose, i think it was Uncle Harry that told me your Dad was in chch, when i came thru to mums tangi 2 yrs ago, that was the first time i met Uncle Harry, but i met your parent's when i caught a bus from wanganui to hamilton way back when i was 15, i found your parent's fone number in the fone book and fluked it, when i saw the house i knew i was in the right place,memories of my grandma and my grandpa who stayed in a caravan outback and we use to play on this old car outback till one of my big bro Raymond nearly choked on the gas, i only stayed till dad came to get me, he took me to meet other whanau i could'nt recall, i always remembered coke trucks, anyways im glad i got your message i have been in contact with martine since i first went searchn a month ago, so that all mean's your my coz i'd like to get to know you all and exchange foto's, my lil bro who spent years in hamilton and met some of the whanau reckons i look like aunt vera but i dont recall what anyone looks like, hey but i remember we had a coz i think his name is wini something like that and my eldest bro kept bringn up the name uncle mita you see i don't know all my aunts and uncles and i would like to know those things so i can pass it on to my kids because their dad is samoan and my kids are brought up in that custom but i want them to know the other side my dads side because i know they have alot of coz too out their so hey keep intouch aye and if you know anyone else or can fill some gaps that will be good so say a big kia ora to you all and do take care till next time oh yes it's funny when i saw your reply i laughed because i named my youngest son i don't know why but i named him James Etera Honetana Isaako only 2 of my children bear the Johnson last name my second eldest vanessa who turns 19 this year and i made sure my eldest son Raymond who is 16 had the johnson name not his dads so i can carry on the name with the rest of my bro's so pleze keep intouch my son is gettn annoyed so till next time your coz lorraine

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 June, 2007 11:28 pm
Share: