Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

KAHUI Fredrick and CHARLTON Anne Margeret:  

RSS
ina OWC
(@ina-owc)

CAN ANYONE HEPL ME TRACE ANY INFROMATION ABOUT MY GRANDPARENTS FRED KAHUI ANNEMARGERET CHARLTON, WHO I BELEIVE LIVED IN RAHOTO AND PETONE

Edited by - Y2ranga on Mar 27 2005 6:16:22 PM

Posted : 27 March, 2005 5:14 pm
Tumeke_Bro OWC
(@tumeke_bro-owc)

kia ora The Conroy Whakapapa on Whanau sites may help with imformation on Kahui Whanau from Rahotu Taranaki
Tumeke Bro

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 March, 2005 7:36 pm
ina OWC
(@ina-owc)

thanks tumeke bro , you have been a great help
now i can get started putting the pieces together

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 March, 2005 10:20 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora ina,

Another place to help you start putting the pieces together is www.familysearch.org - enter Kahui in the surname, set the country to New Zealand and you will get quite a few results.

Be aware though, that not all information on that site is accurate, there are typos, dates can be out (by a century) and sometimes spouses can be different, but it is a good place to get ideas, then use other places, like the one that Tumeke_Bro suggested for more confirmation.

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 March, 2005 2:49 am
Emily Rapana OWC
(@emily-rapana-owc)

Kia ora Ina
My father was a Charlton who had whāngai by the name of Kahui. They lived at Te Puaha o Waikato. Many of the Kahui whanau are still there or surrounding district.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 April, 2005 3:36 pm
ina OWC
(@ina-owc)

KIA ORA EMILY
THANKYOU FOR THAT INFROMATION , WHAT WAS YOUR DADS NAME AND WHO IS HIS FATHER
MY MOTHERS NAME WAS HANNAH KAHUI AND SHE ALSO HAD A BROTHER GRAHAM KAHUI , WHO WAS A MINSTER IN WAIKATO SOME WHERE. I DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT HER FAMILY , SO ANY INFRO WOULD BE GREAT

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 April, 2005 10:55 am
y2ranga
(@y2ranga)

Kia ora Ina here is a phone number for a Minhinnick from the Port his name is Jeremy but we call him Charlie Horse if you saw him you would understand why. He is a very nice man. 09 2966318. Goodluck

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 April, 2005 4:32 pm
y2ranga
(@y2ranga)

Aroha Mai I was supposed to say also that my natural brother was adopted by the Kahui whanau from the Port, and I have an adopted brother who was a Canterbury/Kauika. Samll world.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 April, 2005 4:38 pm
kimura OWC
(@kimura-owc)

KIA ORA EMILY
REGARDING YOUR GRANDMOTHER HANNAH AND HER BROTHER GRAHAM KAHUI (MINISTER IN WAIKATO). GRAHAM'S BROTHERS NAME IS KERRY KAHUI LIVES IN HAMILTON, DRIVES TAXI FOR RED CABS. PH 07 847 1511. HOPE THIS HELPS.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 May, 2005 2:56 pm
tere OWC
(@tere-owc)

INA I KNEW HANNAH REALLY WELL, HER BROTHER GRAMAH'S SON IS KERRY KAHUI, ALL HER SISTERS AND BROTHERS HAVE PASSED AWAY EXCEPT FOR THE YOUNGEST GIRL MAHI kERRY IS YOUR COUSIN.hOW I KNOW IS HANNAH WAS MY MOTHER.i AM YOUR SISTER LOIS, BUT I HAVE CHANGED MY NAME BY DEED POLE

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 May, 2005 3:31 pm
Blingblingjaxx OWC
(@blingblingjaxx-owc)

Kia Ora koutou,

My Mum is a Charlton from Taranaki. My grandfather was Mohi Charlton, son of Stephen Charlton. My great koro Stephen was an english mariner by trade and had 2 or 3 other brothers whose famillies stretch all the way back in England (ancestors in Wales as well) to the West Coast of the North Island in lil ole NZ. Our name is also spelt "Charleton"- yep one in the same. Hope it helps, Kahui - any relation to the Kahui people whom where here before before the "migrations" (the pre Mori Ori - hehehe, whom I am also related to from me koro Rauru...). Have a good one.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 May, 2005 5:38 pm
Blingblingjaxx OWC
(@blingblingjaxx-owc)

P.S

The Minhinicks, Kauika, Canterbury, Kahui are also found in South Taranaki (my whanau).

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 May, 2005 5:43 pm
cdgme
(@cdgme)

quote:

CAN ANYONE HEPL ME TRACE ANY INFROMATION ABOUT MY GRANDPARENTS FRED KAHUI ANNEMARGERET CHARLTON, WHO I BELEIVE LIVED IN RAHOTO AND PETONE

Edited by - Y2ranga on Mar 27 2005 6:16:22 PM
Kia ora Ina
I am a great grandaughter of Fredrick and Annie Margaret Kahui, my Grandmother was Harriett, one of Graham's sisters. My mother was Dawn Coffey. I have a geneology program with loads of whanau on it as I myself was interested in tracing my mother's whanau. Not sure how much information you are wanting so perhaps you can let me know, I am more than happy to share information with you.
Janeen Ellis

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 August, 2005 9:24 pm
Share: