Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

KAIRE, Hohepa Wi  

RSS
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Looking for info on Hohepa Kaire [son of Wi Kaire and Moeawa Matenga]. Of particular interest for me is the wife of Hohepa Kaire and any issue / descendants of Hohepa.

Kia ora tatou mo nga korero ki a au!

Na Hohaia.

Posted : 17 November, 2005 11:03 pm
adamogilvy OWC
(@adamogilvy-owc)

Kiaora I don't think I can be of much help to you but, My name is Adam my great great grandmother is an older sister of Hohepa Kaire her name is Merina (Emerina) Kaire she married Henry Edward Tautari Johnson all three are buried at Pirikotaha cemetary at Parawhenua Marae just north of Ohaeawai and I think Hohepa's wife is buried next to him
My family (Johnson's) are organising a family reunion for next year they meet at Parawhenua marae every last saturday of each month I'll send an e-mail to them to ask my great Uncle Sonny Johnson for more info as he remembers him
sorry I can't remember Hohepa's wife's name but it might come back to me I think she had somthing to do with Whakataha Marae
Naku noa Adam ogilvy

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 November, 2005 3:12 pm
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Tena koe Adam,

Thanks for your reply.
Hohepa Wi Kaire's wife was Takutai Hori Kerei from Te Rawhiti. Takutai was the daughter of Hori Kerei Ngawati and Ruiha Matene Te Whiwhi [a daughter of Henare Matene Te Whiwhi].
The only issue I have of Hohepa and Takutai at this stage is Moteatea Hohepa Kaire.
I have been to Pirikotaha cemetery at Te Ahuahu.
Takutai Hori Kerei was a great grand-daughter of Chief Rewa [a.k.a. Maanu] of Ngai Tawake and Te Patukeha.

Rewa was a tupuna of mine also:

Rewa
|
Warana Wairua
|
Hone Heke Warana
|
Kei Heke Warana
|
Toku Karani Mama
|
Toku Papa
|
Ko Au!

Ko Te Whakapapa Nei O Takutai Hori Kerei:
Rewa
|
Kerei Mangonui
|
Hori Kerei Ngawati = Ruiha Matene Te Whiwhi
|
Takutai Hori Kerei = Hohepa Wiremu Kaire
|
Moteatea Hohepa Kaire

Thanks for your korero e hoa.
Looking for descendants of Hohepa and Takutai.

Ma Te Wa!

Na Hohaia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 November, 2005 4:19 pm
adamogilvy OWC
(@adamogilvy-owc)

quote:

Looking for info on Hohepa Kaire [son of Wi Kaire and Moeawa Matenga]. Of particular interest for me is the wife of Hohepa Kaire and any issue / descendants of Hohepa.

Kia ora tatou mo nga korero ki a au!

Na Hohaia.

Kiaora hohaia2

Just wondering if you found any uri of Hohepa Kaire and Mere Takutaimoana kerei Ngawati?. I asked my uncle and he told me there were 5 kids he thinks.
1)Heeni
2)Kahu Ripeka
3)Fred or Te Moteatea
4)Eva
5)Parangi

I was also wondering if you know any korero concerning Hohepa Kaire's grandfather Te Matenga? ie where is he from (I heard one korero he was from Ngati Toa way but could be wrong)
Te Matenga Ka moe ia Hariata Pikimaui ka puta a Moeawa Matenga.
Ko Moeawa ka moe ia Wi Kaire Pehi ka puta a Merina Kaire older sister of Hohepa Kaire and my gt gt grand mother

Iv asked a few of my whanau but they cant remember (sad0
tena koe hohaia2

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 June, 2007 11:17 pm
Share: