Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

?KAKA ?KAKARIKI ?KAKE ?KAKAHI ?KAHAKI, Tama: He is my partners birth father  

RSS
missliss OWC
(@missliss-owc)

?KAKA ?KAKARIKI ?KAKE ?KAKAHI ?KAHAKI, Tama
AGE 45-55 YEARS
POSSIBLY NGATI POROU
ORIGINALLY FROM GISBORNE
HE HAS 3 BROTHERS

Kiaora

I am trying to help my boyfriend David find his birth-father. David was born 1st October 1985 at Palmerston North hospital. We believe Tama may have been in or staying in Palmerston North in 1984. David would very much like to find Tama especially since we know that Tama went into the Adoption Agency in 1989 trying to find David, however the Adoption Agency would not disclose this information without the Birth Mother's (Sara) consent and she was unavailable to confirm.

Also - could someone please give me the name of the largest marae in Gisborne or if anyone knows where I could ask for more information.

If you know anything that could help please let me know.

Thank you

Posted : 11 January, 2008 10:51 am
Kapi Whenuaroa
(@kapi-whenuaroa)

Kia Ora

If Kaka is the surname, then u may wanna go further up north where there are many Kaka familys. Im not sure of a Tama Kaka though. However they come from a place called Matawaia. Sorry I am not much help, however good luck.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 January, 2008 11:20 am
maxt OWC
(@maxt-owc)

Kia ora.
You could also follow up on the Kake line in Whangarei. Pehiaweri marae, Tikipunga.
Kia pai to haere.
Nga mihi.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 January, 2008 12:34 pm
missliss OWC
(@missliss-owc)

Thank you both for your help 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 February, 2008 7:04 pm
Te Paetahi OWC
(@te-paetahi-owc)

quote:

Thank you both for your help 🙂

Sounds like the whanau you're after is the Kahaki whanau, a well known Ngati Porou whanau from the Rangitukia/Te Araroa area.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 February, 2008 1:46 pm
missliss OWC
(@missliss-owc)

Ae, Te Paetahi you are right! this is the last name! (After much research I figured out)

I want to make contact with some of this family to see if I'm correct however it could be a shock to the family? Any ideas how I could I go about this....?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 February, 2008 3:19 pm
Share: