Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

KAPUA whanau  

Bronny OWC
(@bronny-owc)

Kia Ora
I am looking for information regarding the Kapua whanau to assist me to do my son's whakapapa. To date I have the following information: Archie Kapua partner of Della Nathan. Their children are Rosemary, Jonathan and Donna. Would appreciate any help given.
Ka kite
Bronny

Edited by - Bronny on Sep 01 2007 1:07:10 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 December, 2004 3:43 pm
huiabird OWC
(@huiabird-owc)

Hi,

I know the kapua whanau, they live in Taupo, (Tuwharetoa). sorry I don't have their contact or email. If you ask around in Taupo township for Ginger and Ivine Kapua both use to be well knowing for taxi drivers.
Names you've quoted I do not know sorry.
Hope it helps.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 December, 2004 7:28 pm
nards17 OWC
(@nards17-owc)

Kia ora

Ginger is my uncle and lives near me but I have not seen him in years as I have just moved back this way. They live at Ongarato its on your way to Taupo. I don't know if he is still alive but I could check for you.
Nards

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 January, 2005 11:36 pm
alove07 OWC
(@alove07-owc)

Hi Bronny, my name is Audrey my family are TuWharetoa I know the Kapua family as they are my whanau. My uncle Taxi Kapua passed away a couple of years ago he was the deputy mayor of Taupo, his wife is Aunty Blanche as far as I know she is still alive and their home is on the Main Road into Taupo, sorry I can't remember the name of the street. But they live on the same side as the Manuel Motels which is on the left hand side of the main road heading towards the town just past the Napier Taupo turn off their home is directly opposite the Petrol Station which is on the right I think it is a BP Station, I am sure if you happen to go that way stop and ask at the garage and they are sure to know the family cheers I hope this has been of some help Audrey Love Australia

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 January, 2005 5:29 am
wharerangi OWC
(@wharerangi-owc)

Kia ora Bronny,
my name is Kēwene, and I know that the Kapua whānau are family to me, as we come from the same tūpuna (Keepa Te Ahuru) from Korohe marae, which is about 8 minutes from Turangi.
I begin with Keepa Te Ahuru and one of his wives (Heeni Ngaamo) who had four children, Hihira, Hautawaho, Kapua Te Ahuru(your sons ancestor), and Tamamutu Te Ahuru(my tūpuna).
Kapua Te Ahuru had Pare, Hona, Te Rukenga, Taxi, Ginger and Amori. These children took his first name for their last name, as Māori did in the days.
Thats about all I can do for you at this stage.
My koroua (still living at a grand age of 87)is Wharerangi Sonny Te Ahuru who is the son of Tamamutu Te Ahuru. His phone number is Taumaranui (07) 896 6083. If you need any more information about Kapua Te Ahuru, please phone him, as I am quite sure he will be very helpfull to you.
Another name comes to mind and whom I know is a great wealth of knowledge on our whakapapa is matua Jim Biddle. I dont have any contact numbers for matua Jim, but if you look up this site "tuwharetoa.co.nz", it may give you some information as well.

Nō reira, ngā mihi nunui atu ki a koe me tau tama.

na Kēwene

Edited by - wharerangi on Mar 30 2005 11:40:32 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 March, 2005 11:36 pm
Teremoana OWC
(@teremoana-owc)

Tena koe Bronny,
I know the Kapua whanau from Waipiro Bay on the East Coast. They come from Iritekura Marae which is right on the beach. Apparently the Kapua whanau I was told originally come from Te Arawa but I'm not 100% sure. There is a huge contingent from Iritekura Marae living in Wellington, Wainuiomata and out at the Hutt. I hope you find what you are looking for.

Hei kona,
Naku noa,
Na Teremoana

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 September, 2005 6:29 pm
Suzanne Marie Maraea Kapua OWC
(@suzanne-marie-maraea-kapua-owc)

Kia ora Bronny,

If my email did not reach you before, i hope that this one does. My name is Suzie Kapua and i am a first cousin to Rosemary Kapua (Jades Mum)Archie Kapua is my uncle. My fathers name is Stanley Kapua one of Archies brothers.
I have only met jade once before and he was very young, but i know his whakapapa because it is the same as mine, and if you want it i will give it to you for your son, because he has every right to know who he is and where he comes from. I would like to help you anyway i can? That is what whanau is all about, and i have plenty of contact numbers North and South should you wish to learn more.

He mihi aroha, he mihi mahana, he mihi tino nui kia koe me to tamaiti

Arohatinonui
Suzie Kapua - souljah_kapua@hotmail.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 March, 2006 11:43 pm
Panz OWC
(@panz-owc)

Kia Ora..

I thought i'd some information for those who may have known my Koro Ginger(Ranui) for those who my have not heard he sadly passed away this year. My Nanny(Ivy) still lives down the pa. Would like to met some more whanau on here,So it would be nice to here from you's(am a new member)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 July, 2006 3:15 pm
Panz OWC
(@panz-owc)

Also this might not be helpful to anyone but my Koro's is actually a Maniapoto was bought up with Koro Taxi Kapua's whanau.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 July, 2006 3:22 pm
wun OWC
(@wun-owc)

Kia ora Ronny,I know the Kapua Whanau in Taupo well.They are a very musical whanau & a very big whanau I think Ginger & Ivy had about 10 or 11 children,I know it was big. I now live in Christchurch as well so this is my name & phone if you want to contact me.My name is Harold & # is 03 314 7587 hope I can Help

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 August, 2006 9:36 pm
Maniapoto.Piripi OWC
(@maniapoto-piripi-owc)

Kia Ora

My uncle's Tony Kapua, his mum and dad are Ginger & Ivy. Ginger is my koro's first cousin so we're closely related to the Kapua's. My koro is a Maniapoto from Taupo Ngati Tuwharetoa rep! I'm just starting to learn about who my whanau is and I'm 24 so that's a bit sad. Well, hopefully someone gets this message and keeps in touch.

Rosie

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 February, 2007 1:29 am
pono OWC
(@pono-owc)
Eminent Member

kia ora kapua whanau

I know the kapua whanau.
Ginger, ivy and their children, linda, warren, raymond, carol, rex, brownie, denise, steven(bully),tony, royden, jacky, george and dellis.(hope having miss any name)
Well musical whanau (band:fade images)and league fans(bronco warriors rugby league)
They used to play band at the cabaret of taupo.
Brownie used to play drums for "Golden harvest" band from turangi.
Good old memorable times.

Edited by - pono on Feb 11 2007 12:32:56 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 February, 2007 12:30 pm
Bronny OWC
(@bronny-owc)

Thank you all ever so much for this information 🙂 I stopped pursuing this for a time as I wondered if it was the right thing to be doing. However, I have been encouraged this week to make sure my son does know his whakapapa so he knows where he comes from. From the bottom of my heart, thank you ever so much. If anyone else has information I will be interested in receiving it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 September, 2007 1:11 pm

Working

Please Login or Register