Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

KARA : Morehu  

RSS
sonia65 OWC
(@sonia65-owc)

Kia ora everyone. My name is Sonia and I am trying to find out who my Grandfather was as he had died not long after I was born.
All I know is he was from Nuhaka - Mahia. My Nanny was Helen Thompson and my Dad whose name was John was the third youngest of 3 families. My Dad was raised in Masterton.

Thank you

Posted : 06 February, 2006 3:49 pm
Army Brat OWC
(@army-brat-owc)

Kia ora,

Do you know your grandfathers surname? Was he also a Thompson like your nanny or did his surname differ. Nuhaka is a small town so knowing the family surname would make it a lot easier. Is there any info on your dad's birth certificate? You could also try and obtain your grandparents marriage certificate.

Good luck

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 April, 2006 8:00 pm
tajaman OWC
(@tajaman-owc)

Do you know who Helen's parents were?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 April, 2006 3:49 pm
kara@paradise OWC
(@karaparadise-owc)

kia ora
just wondering and correct me if i am wrong are you also looking for the kara whanau as i am a kara with alot of knowledge of this famil if not sweet as kia ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 May, 2006 4:36 pm
clivet
(@clivet)

Kia ora Kara

I'm whanaunga to a Kara whanau. The one in Raetihi and down the Wanganui.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 May, 2006 6:36 pm
kara@paradise OWC
(@karaparadise-owc)

kia ora clive

im in the whanau to maungatautari, pohara ngati koriki my grand father Meeke Kara who is a brother of Te Aopehi Kara i must say im yet to meet whanau from down those way tell me more

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 May, 2006 9:48 pm
clivet
(@clivet)

Kia ora Kara

Maybe different whanau. Te Hapuku's son Te Atai waho married Mereana a sister of my kui Makarita. Some issues from that union was Karamaina, Waho, Wairata, Hinemata etc. Some of the Karamaina whanau use the name Kara. Several in Wanganui.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 May, 2006 8:37 am
rarere OWC
(@rarere-owc)

Kiaora all i know is your grandfathers parents were Watene Kara and Haromi Poipoi. He was brought up at mahanga which is in mahia. Mahanga is also the name of his marae and there is a photo of him there in the wharenui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 June, 2006 11:16 pm
tajaman OWC
(@tajaman-owc)

any links to Elizabeth or Alice Thompson? Also goodgames, from around masterton too

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 March, 2007 3:48 pm
Share: