Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

KATAE  

RSS
dotnblk OWC
(@dotnblk-owc)

Text
Searching for any information about my Paternal Great Grandparents WHAKAARA KATAE nee RANGIHUNA and BUS KATAE who lived in TIKITIKI. Any information would be awesome, we're keen to learn more about our KATAE and RANGIHUNA links.

Please Help

Dorothy Taare

Posted : 31 August, 2005 11:55 am
Whozatgirl OWC
(@whozatgirl-owc)

Hi Dorothy

My mother-in-law is Irihapeti (Betty) Katae, her dad was Eruera Katae, I'm sure she has mentioned Bus Katae in her tales of when she was younger. If you like, I'll pass on your request and get some more information for you soon.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 September, 2005 11:28 pm
dotnblk OWC
(@dotnblk-owc)

Cool,
That'll be awesome, thanks for that.

Dorothy

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 September, 2005 12:08 pm
Whozatgirl OWC
(@whozatgirl-owc)

Hi Dorothy

I've spoken to my mother-in-law and she said you can write to her at 12 Tongariro Street, Paraparaumu and ask her all the questions you like about the Katae whanau. She is more than happy to help.

Good luck
Ana

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 September, 2005 7:02 pm
nkata001
(@nkata001)

Hi Dorothy, Whakaara Rangihuna married my Grandfather Harawira Katae ("Bus"). My father was Whakataha Katae ("Wiss") who had children to Emma Koia and then to my mother Geane Gillard. The family urupa is in Tikitiki (just up the hill and then inland on a farm property).

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 April, 2019 5:22 am
Share: