Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

KAWHENA-NGAPERA TUROA  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
Charlotte Rangi Ngapera OWC
(@charlotte-rangi-ngapera-owc)

KIA ORA

My name is Charlotte Ngapera. My Fathers name is Ned Hiheta Ngapera (not original name) and he married our mother Rangi (Kepa) Ngapera. Dad's fathers name was Hohepa (Joseph) Ngapera) and his mother was Sally (Wijohn) Ngapera. Our Grandfather (Hohepa) is from Motukaraka but lived in Waihou. Hohepa's father's name was Turoa Kawhena and Hohepa's mother's surname was Te Hira. Could you help me fill in the missing Whanau?

Posted : 08 February, 2008 9:10 pm
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia ora Charr,

Joseph Hakaraia [Kei's brother] here. I have some whakapapa of your late dad's lines. Doing this for Katarina, Tracey, & Anaru. I'm staying at the sisters whare. Can give you copies of what I have Charr.

Na Hohaia [Joseph] Hakaraia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 February, 2008 1:34 pm
Nani OWC
(@nani-owc)
Eminent Member

Are you related to the Ngapera whānau that connect to Kikopiri marae in Muhunoa, Ohau south of Levin. Would Huitau Ngapera be your great-uncle?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 February, 2008 2:01 pm

quote:

Kia ora Charr,

Joseph Hakaraia [Kei's brother] here. I have some whakapapa of your late dad's lines. Doing this for Katarina, Tracey, & Anaru. I'm staying at the sisters whare. Can give you copies of what I have Charr.

Na Hohaia [Joseph] Hakaraia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 February, 2008 2:47 pm

Kia Ora Nani,

I'm sorry I cant help you but I will speak to my uncles. Dad's tribe is Whanau Moko and their Marae is Ngai Tupoto at Motukaraka. I realize that Whanau Moko is not recognized by some persons and the Whanau are trying to rectify this matter.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 February, 2008 3:20 pm
elijahs_mum OWC
(@elijahs_mum-owc)

Kia Ora Charlotte,

My Grandmother was also a Ngapera from Ngai Tupoto Marae at Motukaraka, I can share what I have but it is very limited on the Ngapera side, always had big gaps, though you may be able to find whanau thru the Harris/Leaf sides that I have, there are some Te Hiras too.

Thanks, Selina

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 February, 2008 6:36 pm

Kia Ora Selina, I've just found my Grandmothers name which is Kerena Wi Hone, she married Ngapera Kawhena, I dont know where Turoa comes in. I thought the Heta line came of our Grandfather but apparently our Grandmothers 1st husband was a Heta. I have also gotten information which should clarify a lot of loose ends in regards to our Whakapapa. The Harris/leafs are very much a part of our Whanau. I would be grateful for any info and vice versa if you like.

Thank you Charlotte

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 February, 2008 7:25 pm

Kia Ora Selina, I've just found my Grandmothers name which is Kerena Wi Hone, she married Ngapera Kawhena, I dont know where Turoa comes in. I thought the Heta line came of our Grandfather but apparently our Grandmothers 1st husband was a Heta. I have also gotten information which should clarify a lot of loose ends in regards to our Whakapapa. The Harris/leafs are very much a part of our Whanau. I would be grateful for any info and vice versa if you like.

Thank you Charlotte

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 February, 2008 7:27 pm

Kia Ora, sorry about the mistakes. I made another one in the earlier posts. Kerena Wi Hone (Erana Wijohn) and Ngapera Kawhena were our Great Grandparents. Hoihaia2 kindly shared some information and great advice on where and how to find it. I'm glad I found this site too.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 February, 2008 10:12 pm
taniwha12@woosh.co.nz OWC
(@taniwha12woosh-co-nz-owc)

hi charlotte just a lil info wea turoa may have come into the mix,turoa married te hira and they had 4 children ngapera, te nau, hoori and te pii(riwia).ngapera had seven children..neri kapa, janie leef, cecelia koroua, rebecca howard, joseph, billy and johnnie. tuuroa had a second wife haara and they had a child mihi who is my paternal grandmother. im getting this info from the harris whanau whakapapa, trying to get info on my grandmother mihi but not much luck as yet but thought this would help explain a bit for you. kia ora..

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 February, 2008 12:26 pm
elijahs_mum OWC
(@elijahs_mum-owc)

The Turoa you refer to Taniwha I believe is the brother of my Great Grandfather Timoti Ngapera, children of Ani Harris.
If this is right please let me know, I may have a couple of blanks I can fill in...

Charlotte, I have sent you a private message

Kia Ora, Selina

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 February, 2008 2:15 pm

quote:

hi charlotte just a lil info wea turoa may have come into the mix,turoa married te hira and they had 4 children ngapera, te nau, hoori and te pii(riwia).ngapera had seven children..neri kapa, janie leef, cecelia koroua, rebecca howard, joseph, billy and johnnie. tuuroa had a second wife haara and they had a child mihi who is my paternal grandmother. im getting this info from the harris whanau whakapapa, trying to get info on my grandmother mihi but not much luck as yet but thought this would help explain a bit for you. kia ora..

Kia Ora Taniwha12 I can see you know the Whanau well(brings back fond memories). These land papers I looked at had Dad down as (Niheta), they were succeeding their mothers shares which is why a written Whakapapa was with the application. Uncle Billy had told us that Neri Kapa was Dads real name but he didn't like it so nobody used it. I'll keep an eye open for (Mihi) and let you know if I see her. From what I remember Dad said the Harris Whanau were very close to us, there were a lot of storys(wish I paid more attention).
Kia Ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 February, 2008 11:04 pm
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Te whakapapa nei o Katarina Ngapera [my niece]

Ko Te Hira Mataika ka moe ia a Heni Whare
Ka puta mai ko Mere Te Hira Mataika me etahi atu
Ko Mere Te Hira ka moe ia a Kawhena Ngapera [a.k.a. Hori Ngapera]
Ka puta mai ko Ngapera Kawhena Ngapera me etahi atu
Ko Ngapera Kawhena Ngapera ka moe ia a Herena Wihone [Wijohn]
Ka puta mai ko Niheta Ngapera
Ko Niheta Ngapera ka moe ia a Rangiamoamo Kepa
Ka puta mai ko Anaru [Andrew] Ngapera me etahi atu
Ko Anaru Ngapera ka moe ia a Hinerakei Hakaraia [de facto]
Ka puta mai ko Katarina Ngapera [my niece].

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 February, 2008 11:52 am
taniwha12@woosh.co.nz OWC
(@taniwha12woosh-co-nz-owc)

kia ora charlotte, and selina. i got my information from studying the harris whakapapa book.i borrowed it from my dad and find it very hard to give it back cos its my one link to my grandmothers whanau. sorry it wasnt too helpful for you but you may be able to give me some info, anything would be great. i would dearly love to know more about her cos ive always felt something missing in my sense of belonging and i believe she is the missing link(for me) its a painful part of my dads childhood and sadly he doesnt share any korero with me. selina, im hoping you have something to share also. id so love a photo of my nanny mihi, thats my ultimate wish. im hoping to go up north for the whanau weekend labour weekend if its still going.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 March, 2008 2:51 pm
wannabe OWC
(@wannabe-owc)

quote:

Te whakapapa nei o Katarina Ngapera [my niece]

Ko Te Hira Mataika ka moe ia a Heni Whare
Ka puta mai ko Mere Te Hira Mataika me etahi atu
Ko Mere Te Hira ka moe ia a Kawhena Ngapera [a.k.a. Hori Ngapera]
Ka puta mai ko Ngapera Kawhena Ngapera me etahi atu
Ko Ngapera Kawhena Ngapera ka moe ia a Herena Wihone [Wijohn]
Ka puta mai ko Niheta Ngapera
Ko Niheta Ngapera ka moe ia a Rangiamoamo Kepa
Ka puta mai ko Anaru [Andrew] Ngapera me etahi atu
Ko Anaru Ngapera ka moe ia a Hinerakei Hakaraia [de facto]
Ka puta mai ko Katarina Ngapera [my niece].

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 March, 2008 5:48 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: