Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

KEPA/KEEPA  

Page 1 / 3
  RSS
stubbornforgey OWC
(@stubbornforgey-owc)

Kia ora .
i replied recently to a post about the kepa whanau in Mangere..I can't seem to find that posting again.
This is what i have found out about my own history..
my grandfather Kaora Tamanui..did indeed take his mothers maiden name
but his name is originally Kaora Kepa.
The whare kai at Turangawaewae was named after him for services rendered during the building of the marae and was apparently one of the original rowers on the Tainui in those early days.
Him and his brothers (unclear on who they were)..started a band called
rat, skin and bones...my grandfather was Kiaore (of course the rat).
We grew up thinking our poppas name was Kiaore Tamanui.He took his children out of the waikato area and moved to auckland.
However, we were disowned by poppa because our mother married a foreigner (Chilean) and to add salt to the wound..my dads whanau were all living in Moerewa.

Posted : 12 September, 2005 9:16 am
Teremoana OWC
(@teremoana-owc)

Tena koe StubbornForgey,
I think you may be talking about my posting re:Te Whanau Keepa. My mother's mother is a Keepa from the Whanganui River. My Kuia's name is Ka'urangi Te Waewae Keepa and she is a direct descendant of Rangihiwinui Keepa also known as Major Kemp. He was born and died in Whanganui and is buried at Putiki Marae. Keepa is a huge whanau and it wouldn't surprise me if the Keepa all over Aotearoa are all related anyway. Thankyou for replying to my topic and yes your opinion does count dammit!!!!! I'm having a bit of a kata here. Take care e hoa.

Heoi ano,
Naku noa,
Na Teremoana

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 September, 2005 5:37 pm
huiabird OWC
(@huiabird-owc)

Tena koe whanau

I noticed your whanau surname. Not sure if you knows or heard of my great grandmother been trying to trace her side for long time. I feels useless to find her whanau. Her name is materoa keepa. Last I saw her, she use to lived at paeroa when I was 7yrs old. Her son was my grandfather peta karu (harawira)

kia ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 September, 2005 8:30 pm
kallee OWC
(@kallee-owc)

I have a question,, how many wives did Te Keepa Rangihiwinui have? What were their names and does anyone know what order they were in, who the children were. How many etc. I see alot of grey area in those matters.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 September, 2005 10:09 pm
patkoro OWC
(@patkoro-owc)

Tena koe huia bird

re your keepa connection to Paeroa.This is my hometown and I grew up with the Keepa family in Paeroa during the 1950's, 1960's. The youngest today is about 50 years young. Bill Keepa the father had two sons and I think three daughters.Bill keepa,s wife Moana is still living in Paeroa today. I also know the Karu family.

kia ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 September, 2005 10:32 pm
WATTS UP OWC
(@watts-up-owc)

TO HOM IT MAY CONCERN IS IT THE KEEPAS FROM PAROA OR WOT AS WE HAVE A STREET AFTER THAT NAME SO CHECK IT

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 September, 2005 3:45 pm
patkoro OWC
(@patkoro-owc)

re street named after

In Paeroa, as in Lemon & Paeroa as in "World Famous in Aotearoa",there is a street named after Bill Keepa. Not sure if there is one in PAROA?.

kia ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 September, 2005 4:06 pm
stubbornforgey OWC
(@stubbornforgey-owc)

LOL...
yes there is a st in paeroa named after bill keepa..
They were a pretty wealthy family.. (the ones i knew in Mangere were anyways) and veryyyyyyyyy beautiful.
And thank you for the reply ..it goes to show just how helpful this site is ..so far em in talks with a couple of whanau i never knew existed.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 September, 2005 8:45 am
witewhiu OWC
(@witewhiu-owc)

the late stan kepa was well known industrial property owner in the onehunga and other areas in auckland.Try Tirahou marae.and ask for major.
na,witewhiu.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 September, 2005 3:25 pm
stubbornforgey OWC
(@stubbornforgey-owc)

kia ora ehoa
wow..how long ago did he pass away..??
I am trying to think if its the same stan kepa..
Were one of his daughters names Cody by any chance??
Have been trying to find out about them for ages.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 September, 2005 7:43 am
Mandy Rawiri OWC
(@mandy-rawiri-owc)

kia ora stubbornforgey, i don't know whether it'll help,but,my ex is a kepa from taneatua, te teko ruatoki, his father was eruera kepa, son of koro kepa(that's all i knew him as) koro had 6 wives? survived a couple of them, divorced a few so i heard, had heaps of kids. later found out that my ex father in law was actually a hughes from Whakatane? don't know how that came about but i hope it helps

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 September, 2005 3:40 pm
stubbornforgey OWC
(@stubbornforgey-owc)

(insert huge smiley grin)
kia ora for that..
em also having a kata ...seems our ancestors were
ho's...lol.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 September, 2005 2:07 pm
poutuedwards
(@poutuedwards)
Eminent Member

Kia ora Stubbornforgey,
Im just wondering if your line has a Henu Kepa or Hemo Kepa or Arapera Hemo Kepa in it. Actually from what I can gather this is one person who married a Mateono Hakopa, they had 7+ children, I'm trying to find out anything about her.

peaceful regard
Jacqui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 October, 2005 1:52 am
stubbornforgey OWC
(@stubbornforgey-owc)

let me speak to my mother about this ok and will get back to you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 October, 2005 8:36 am
Rereahu ahau OWC
(@rereahu-ahau-owc)

Tena Koe whanau?

I too am a direct descendant of
Te Keepa Rangihiwinui O Putiki Marae and his parents were Tangaru raua ko Rere o maki.

I come from the 2nd wife and her name was Herena.

She was bought back to Tuwharetoa area, and had her baby, whom she named Wahinekino she in turn married Hohepa Patumoana.

They in turn had a son called Tahi and he married Mootu.

They in turn had a son called Te Raroa he had met my mother and had 2 daughters.

Te Raroa had a 2nd mariage and had 17 more children.

My name is Te Waiti Barbara Taniora.

I have been to Putiki Marae twice, the first times was when I was on the protest site for Pakaitore, and again when I went to look for my koro who had been buried for a 100 years to the day, and guess what? koro had lead me straight to him via a whistle that only I could hear.

Arohanui ki a koe?

And yeah! (Our opinion does count)

Barbi

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 October, 2005 6:37 pm
Page 1 / 3
Share: