Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

KEREOPA, Riana  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
wyllie OWC
(@wyllie-owc)

Can anyone help. My nanny is Riana Kereopa ( born about 1837) and she married Tame Brown of Manaia Coromandel.

I don't know for sure if my nanny is related to the Kereopa whanau of Raglan.

Posted : 24 April, 2005 6:07 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Tena koe wyllie,

Make sure you are in the Whakapapa Club and click Full Search putting Kereopa in the Search box.

There are quite a few results that may help.

Good luck and let us know how you get on

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 May, 2005 10:10 pm
wyllie OWC
(@wyllie-owc)

Kia ora Poutomanawa.
Thanks for the info. I tried and to no avail.
My nanny Riana had five children Ripeka,Karena,Barney,Te Haeata( Sailor)and Hakere.
Are there any BROWN'S from Manaia out there.
Please help Te Aroha

Edited by - wyllie on May 13 2005 10:42:36 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 May, 2005 6:37 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

kia ora ano wyllie,

If you go to www.familysearh.org and put Riana in the firstname, Kereopa in the Lastname and set the country to New Zealand you will find a bit of info for your nanny.

You can then search for all of the children one by one, just change the firstname, keep Brown as the lastname and the country as New Zealand.

Note, not all info in that site is accurate!

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
Together we will get there!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 May, 2005 1:05 pm
wyllie OWC
(@wyllie-owc)

I'll try and will definitely pursue that avenue.
Thank you

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 May, 2005 1:15 am
kayatania OWC
(@kayatania-owc)

Kia ora e hoa,

Karena or Tira Kereopa is my great grandmother on my fathers side and yes we are of the Kereopa whanau in Raglan. Kei te pehea ana koe?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 May, 2005 12:15 pm
wyllie OWC
(@wyllie-owc)

kia ora Kayatania.Kei te pehea a koe?
Kei te pai ahau.Tino harikoa taku ngakau i tenei wa.
Can you find out for me if Riana Kereopa is in your line at all?
My nanny Riana is a very hard person to find.
She married my koro Tame Brown from Manaia and I don't know where she was from.
My aunty Riana Brown married Ned Leef and that's how the name has stayed in our whanau.
If you can find any links I'd really appreciate it.
My email address is catu@westnet.com.au

Edited by - wyllie on May 28 2005 4:40:44 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 May, 2005 4:38 pm
wyllie OWC
(@wyllie-owc)

Still looking for my nanny's people?
Can anyone help at all?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 June, 2005 1:11 am
brownleef OWC
(@brownleef-owc)

Kia Ora Te Aroha,
Haeata's father (Tame) and grandmother (Pongarauhine) are descended principally from Ngati Kahungunu and Rakaipaaka lines from the Mahia Peninsular area. There are also strong connections to the tribal groupings of Ruapani (a very early paramount chief from turanganui-a-Kiwa, or Gisborne), Ngati Porou (East Coast), Rongowhakaata (Giosborne) and Rongomaiwahine (Wairoa). I dont have too much information on Riana Kereopa's parents although they are bound to be Manaia (Ngati Maru) people. Riana Kereopa died in 1899. I have it that your Nanny and Tame had seven children, not five. There is one Brown who has returned home to Coromandel who would know more. Her husband Sam wrote the Sailor Brown Family reunion Book in 1992. This is where I am getting this information. I'll try and pass on your email address to her. Hope this helps.

Monique
P.s. I found my book!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 July, 2005 9:50 pm
wyllie OWC
(@wyllie-owc)

Kia ora cousin
Thank you.
You're answered some of my questions and I look forward to continuing our conversations.
This is fantstic I'm thrilled to bits.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 August, 2005 7:59 pm
wyllie OWC
(@wyllie-owc)

My grandfather was Hakere Brown=Henarietta
Papa Sailor was my grandfather's brother and I remember hearing about his exploits on Te Kouma Bay. Papa Sailor was a great fisherman and I think that's how he got his nickname. Thanks again keep in touch.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 August, 2005 10:09 pm
stubbornforgey OWC
(@stubbornforgey-owc)

I dont know if this will be of any help but ..
my daughters teachers name is Miss Kereopa..
she teaches ar redhill primary , redcrest ave..papakura..the numbers in the ph book.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 September, 2005 9:05 am
rakroa OWC
(@rakroa-owc)

quote:

My grandfather was Hakere Brown=Henarietta
Papa Sailor was my grandfather's brother and I remember hearing about his exploits on Te Kouma Bay. Papa Sailor was a great fisherman and I think that's how he got his nickname. Thanks again keep in touch.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 October, 2005 5:22 am
rakroa OWC
(@rakroa-owc)

Kiaora Wyllie, Tame Brown from Manaia is my grandfather. The name Riana of you grandmother is still a familiar name within my own family. My great grandfather is Haeata your granfathers brother.

i think i actually have a photo of your aunty Riana and Uncle Eruera that you mentioned some where around the house. ill have a look around and try and find it.

Rakau

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 October, 2005 5:32 am
wyllie OWC
(@wyllie-owc)

Kia ora
It's Te Aroha,sorry for the delay.I've been looking at online and failed to pick up on your message. I'm very sorry.
We're related and very close indeed.
My Great grandfather was Hakere Brown and he married Henarieta Cooke.They had three children.My grandmother was Te Kahuoterangi she married Tutonu. My mother was the youngest of their eight children. Her name was Titipaekau and known as Diddy.

Also our cousin is Monique and she's Uncle Ned and Aunty Riana Leef's moko.
Can you send me an email. I'd love to catch up.
catu@westnet.com.au.
Thanks

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 November, 2005 10:21 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: