Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

KIHI/kihirini  

RSS
ponieta OWC
(@ponieta-owc)

Great Great Grandfather was Neri Kihirini Whatuira.After 1875 or the early 1900's dropped the Whatuira and the Rini from Kihirini and became Neri Kihi.He was from the Waikato area.His wife was Waitai or Kumeroa Hikawai.Im not sure wether he moved to Wairoa or it was my Grandfather Pikoro or Ned Kihi.He married Kona Taylor.Pikoro was one of 12 children, Hape, Charlie, Bill,Pikoro,Mary(Robertson),Raki,Twins Isabelle(Mildon who also had 12 children)Molly(Taylor),Matekino(Tahu),Pango(clark),Mason, Pera.
If anyone out their know of any of the above Whanau, i would love to hear from them.I would also want to know if anyone knowsthe Parents of Neri Kihirini Whatuira.Kia Ora

Posted : 21 August, 2006 9:21 pm
Trenet Paenga OWC
(@trenet-paenga-owc)

Hi my aunty liza pokai & i have been researching the kihirini whakapapa, she wil be able to tell you all you need to now, there is a kihirini reunion labour weekend 2008 in Ruatorea.

I have a post under the family reunions or just search Kihirini.
Her contact number is on the post.

Trenet

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 February, 2008 1:05 pm
Share: