Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

KINGI, UncleBilly and Aunty Eva and Aunty Jackie, whanau  

wainamunroe OWC
(@wainamunroe-owc)

Tena Koe Whanau,
I'm in the search for my father half brother, sisters and their family. I know that my uncle Wiremu (Billy) Kingi passed away April 1999 and is burried up in Pangaru. He had two younger sister aunty Eva & aunty Jackie, last names unknowen. I'm not to sure the area that they live in but I do know that their Mum and Dad names are
Rosie Kingi (Rori Morehu Moanaroa Parata Munroe) who is burried in Ngunguru. Charlie (Hare) Kingi whom is burried in Pangaru aswell.
Every greatfull to hear from anybody who knows of my whanau from afar.
Waina

Edited by - pearlau on Mar 09 2005 2:45:04 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 January, 2005 5:58 pm
wainamunroe OWC
(@wainamunroe-owc)

This has proven to be a bit harder than I though it would be. Do you believe that there may be a reason why I cant find my whanau from afar. Do you think that I'm not ment to find what I'm looking for. Or may be this is a minor obstacle and I have to work harder to reach for success.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 February, 2005 9:30 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora wainamunroe

Kia kaha - be strong! These things take time and you will get there. IMHO, it is not case of not meant to find what you are looking for or a case of trying harder. It is a case of Ma te Wa - in time, and the time schedule is in the hands of tupuna and not in ours

You have already posted here at the Papa Panui to awhi others, and others will awhi you too

I do not have much to awhi you with, I can only suggest the white pages, or maybe take a trip to Pangaru and have a korero to people there

But I wish you Good Luck and Kia Kaha - keep us posted and if I have any inspiration I will let you know too

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 February, 2005 6:07 pm
wainamunroe OWC
(@wainamunroe-owc)

Tena koe poutokomanawa

Thank you for your words that you have shared with me, for these words sounds like they come from a very wise person that follows the guidess of our tupuna.
Pungaru must be the place to go too.
One shell seek within and pray for the guidess of our tupuna.

-------------------------
Aroha mai
Aroha atu
-------------------------
love towards us
love going out from us
------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 February, 2005 9:24 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Tena koe ano wainamunroe, kia ora hoki

Your words are so humbling and I appreciate them, for I am but a grain of sand on the Oneroa a Tohe (90 mile beach)

Ae, I listen and hear our tupuna - they are the ones who awhi me with whakapapa - not only my own but also they call at times for me to awhi others - that is why I try when I can to find information that may help people here. I do this not when I have "spare time" but when I can hear them calling - regardless of the time

Ae, our tupuna will awhi you in their time. May I suggest that you do not plan when to go, do not think "Oh, I will go on such and such a day".

Instead let Ma te Wa happen.

One day a friend may say "I am going to Pangaru so do you want to come?"

Or you may wake up one day and you will KNOW i roto i te tau o to ate - within your innermost being - that today is the day

It is great to see someone who will seek within and who will pray for guidence from our tupuna. This is the way to find the keys to the whakapapa

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
Together we will get there!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 February, 2005 1:11 am
wainamunroe OWC
(@wainamunroe-owc)

Tena Koe Whanau
It has been and interesting month, for now my search ends here. I have prayed and I have spoken and listen to my tupuna and have been given the answer to the question that I had been asking for.
I have found my whanau, all the had work has payed off. My heart is contented and full of aroha for nolonger will we part again.
Thank you for who help me. a special Thanks to Poutokomanawa for the wise words that you shared with me. Thank you from my heart.

Aroha mai
Aroha atu

Waina Munroe

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 February, 2005 8:42 pm
Triscina OWC
(@triscina-owc)

Kia Ora,I have also started to look for my whanua and I have noticed that I too have a Wiremu Kingi in my line,I am wondering if they could be the same person.I don't exactly know who he is but I have a list of names that I am eager to find out so I know my family.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 April, 2005 3:52 pm
material OWC
(@material-owc)

hope you guys still look at this page.
i am a Kingi/King descendant from Wairoa where there are Munroe's too.
maybe it is there you could look. Wiremu may be on my line. will look into this.
better late than never, hope you still look into the page

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 January, 2006 1:21 am

Working

Please Login or Register