Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

KIWARA  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
rmwilliams OWC
(@rmwilliams-owc)

wanting to find the whakapapa of my dad Iharaira Timmi Kiwara, his dad is Niha Kiwara and his mum is Te Paea Awatere

Posted : 26 December, 2005 11:53 pm
gary OWC
(@gary-owc)

try hohaia2 in the forums,he is a very knowledgable man

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 December, 2005 12:16 pm
hearty nati OWC
(@hearty-nati-owc)
Eminent Member

kia ora rmwilliams

do u know where ur father was from, not just iwi/hapu but in terms of a general area?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 December, 2005 12:23 pm
dannydelamere OWC
(@dannydelamere-owc)

kia ora rose my name is petuere awatere kiwara.Pedro is my father.Iharaira is dads father niha is his grandfather.Te paea Awatere is the daughter of Petuere awatere an Henihaotao of Ngati Hine o Ngapuhi.This whakapapa will take u back to Whetumatarau battle who the cheif of that day was whetukamokamo who died in that battle of the Ngapuhi musket raids.His grandson was born and named awatere in commemoration of of that battle.seven siblings later petuere was born.A preplanned marriage was arranged between Ngati Porou and Nga Puhi to bring peace between the two tribes.Petuere Awatere of special rank married Heni Haotao they had Te Paea Awatere.The Kiwara name i know began with Nihas marriage to nana Te Paea.i do not kno from where nihas name derived from?Iharaira married twice Keita Parapara was his first wife and mokemoke Ngerengere wife 2.I know our whakapapa thru your nana Te Paea which go back to tane who created Hineahuone the first earth maid our first born mortal Ancestrous.But as i said i only know our kiwara name history and whakapapa back 2 koro Niha.My address is 78 Florence Avenue, Palmerston North NZ.My cellphone 0273329716.I found this email thru our whanaunga Danny Delemere of tokomaru bay.I hope this has helped u in some way much love to u and your whanau my aunty Rose.Pai Marire, Petuere.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 December, 2005 2:43 pm
rmwilliams OWC
(@rmwilliams-owc)

Kia ora Petuere thank you for your reply that is far as I know my whakapapa is back to dads mum and dad but I hope I can find out more. How are you I live in Sydney now. If I find more info i will forward them to you
kia ora ano Petuere.
love aunty Rose

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 December, 2005 9:18 pm
rmwilliams OWC
(@rmwilliams-owc)

Kia ora Danny all I know that my dad Iharaira is from Te Araroa his marae is Hinerupe & Tutua he has half brothers Stuart,tommy & a sister Molly as I know they have all passed on. MUm & dad never spoke about their whanau, dad was also know as Jimmy the pouch.
kia ora ano
na Rose Williams

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 December, 2005 9:38 pm
lauren OWC
(@lauren-owc)

quote:

wanting to find the whakapapa of my dad Iharaira Timmi Kiwara, his dad is Niha Kiwara and his mum is Te Paea Awatere

thats my great grand-dad. my grand-dad is tom kiwara, and his dad was niha kiwara!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 January, 2006 2:37 pm
rmwilliams OWC
(@rmwilliams-owc)

kia ora Lauren
all I know about Niha Grandad is he went to war and Te Paea had got confirmation that Niha was killed in action, Nan gave birth to my dad Iharaira and she married again and grandad turned up after the war but it was too late nan had another husband, if anyone out there know more info please let me no. lauren who is your great grand nan, and who is your dad. My dad is a half brother to your dad.
kia ora ano Lauren its good to hear from you.
Na Rose Williams

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 January, 2006 5:47 pm
rmwilliams OWC
(@rmwilliams-owc)

sorry about the mistake my dad is a half brother to your grand dad
Na Rose Williams

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 January, 2006 5:50 pm
lauren OWC
(@lauren-owc)

my mum is a kiwara!! her name is whaiora, which is my papa toms middle name! my last name is caseley-kiwara, though i choose to use my mothers last name. my great gran was hiraina, that was my papa's mum. and they were from te araroa...thanks for the reply

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 January, 2006 1:07 pm
lauren OWC
(@lauren-owc)

hehe..lol my dad would not be of any relevance koowing about....hes fully english in every regard!!who only arrived in nz in the 80's....but my mum would be of relevance to you!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 January, 2006 1:13 pm
lauren OWC
(@lauren-owc)

my dad is english and my mum is maori

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 January, 2006 1:16 pm
rmwilliams OWC
(@rmwilliams-owc)

kia ora Lauren I think I have met you before I now know that I have met your mother, I met her when we went to visit aunty Molly , and I mt your mum and I think you were their at aunty Molly's tangi can you confirm that with me. Thanks for your replies that is great, your mum knows alot more about the Kiwara whanau than me. For some reason when we asked mum and dad questions about their parents they didn't want to talk about it and now I find myself trying to find my whakapapa and it is not easy. I find that joining up on this web site I have found out alot more than what I knew befor ther is one person on this site that I am trying to get hold of to no avail,
Have you been able to get on to hohaia2 in the forum it said that he was very knowledgeable person . Thanks once again now I know I have met you, my daughter is Caroline, she said that she has met you too please confirm.
Kia ora ano
Na aunty Rose

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 January, 2006 12:18 pm
lauren OWC
(@lauren-owc)

hello!!yes i was at my mums aunty molly'a tangi, but i would have only been little at the time.i would have been the little pakeha girl clinging to my mum!!i do not remember caroline nor your self sorry!! my mother knows alot of family members, being extended family members that is, whom i have met as well! and i find it very interseting...we have alot of characters, shall i say, in our family(i mean that in a nice manner ofcourse)=).i would not have a clue who hohaia2 is? sorry about that. i believe somebody should organise a kiwara reunion very soon!! love lauren

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 January, 2006 12:50 pm
rmwilliams OWC
(@rmwilliams-owc)

hi Lauren yes you are right about the family reunion my sister Mavis had one going she was waiting for all the replis back for the invitations she sent out but she only got a handful so she didn't go ahead with it. Yes we were at the tangi, were you and your mum at uncle stwearts tangi too I have some photos from that day I will get my daughter to download them for me and I will send them to you. Have you got long to go to finsh your studies and pursue your career. My daughter is a programme analys for housing commision in Sydney, she is working from home at the moment because of the school holidays. Do you also know Derna a cousin of yours we also went to her tangi too, by the sounds of things my family met our extended whanau at the tangis which is sad, it is lovely to hear from you.
Love aunty Rose

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 January, 2006 1:19 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: