Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

KORA, Ben  

lacenz10 OWC
(@lacenz10-owc)

I am looking for my fathers whanau, his name was ben richard kora, and I believe from waimana,I need a contact number or address of anyone who may know this whanau please, as id love to touch base on his hometown even to just visit his marae.I was brought up by my ngapuhi side, and want to meet my dads side oof the family please

Edited by - poutokomanawa on Mar 07 2005 10:06:56 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 January, 2005 10:26 pm
Sheree OWC
(@sheree-owc)

Kia Ora, I know the Kora whanau they descend from Waimana but live in Whakatane, their fathers name is Tait. The sons have a band and their first albumn was released last year called Kora. Hope this can help you find your whanau links.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 January, 2005 10:44 pm
loupy OWC
(@loupy-owc)

Kia Ora , The Kora's from Whakatane live in Wairaka - Parents were Rangi and Andy (deceased) however their tamariki still live in Whakatane and Tait is from the same whanau. Check BOP telephone book - address is Harvey Street - not sure of the street number. Good Luck from ex Wairakian

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 February, 2005 5:07 pm
lacenz10 OWC
(@lacenz10-owc)

thank you for replying to my post, much apprecited

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 March, 2005 12:31 am
GEOFFKORA OWC
(@geoffkora-owc)

Also there are Kora familys in Opotiki and their farthers name is Eric kora my name is Nat Kora and my contact number is (09) 2689430 and my address is 8 Cantua Close Totara heights, Manukau City, my father is John Snr and my mother is Hine Kora but both has passed and send us a photo and maybe we can identify you to someone so send you photo to geoffrey_kora@hotmail.com or our address

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 October, 2006 6:15 pm
matahuru OWC
(@matahuru-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia ora Lacenz10

I am from Waimana on my dads side. I know the kora family, or some of them. There was a woman that used to drive our school bus in Waimana, she was a Kora. My Dad would know your Dad if he is from Waimana. I have cousins that still live there so I could ring them and get back to you.

Good luck

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 October, 2006 10:54 am
reunited OWC
(@reunited-owc)

Kia ora, My uncle is Bill Kora but was adopted as a baby into the Kora whanau. I am not sure how they are related to me but I think it is through my grandmother. Yes the Kora's in Whakatane are of the same whanau and originate in Waimana as does my grandmother, Huka Rosie Wharekura. My son Richard just happens to be soundman for the band `Kora'. I don't know of your father Ben but am sure you will find more info if you contact Tait Kora in Whakatane. There is also another number in the book for a Kora from Waimana and I am thinking that would be the best to start with. T M and C P Kora, 266 Waimana Rd, Waimana. Ph.07 312 3585.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 October, 2006 9:52 am

Working

Please Login or Register