Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

KUKU totokarewa Hii  

RSS
Cookie-little OWC
(@cookie-little-owc)

Looking for any info on Grandmother: KUKU, Totokarewa Hii

WHANAU:
Keti Hii Kuku (Female)
BORN: 15th Feb 1910
MOTHER:Hii Kuku/Cook
FATHER: Ripene Minarapa Tika
SPOUSE: Raureti Mokonuiarangi Kingi Hori
MARRIAGE: 14th May 1930 Mangamuka, Auckland, New Zealand
Raureti Mokonuiarangi Kingi Hori
DEATH: 1981
FATHER: Rikake or Kingi Hori
MOTHER: Pare Pera

Hamo Hii Kuku
David Chapman

She was buried about 30 years ago at Rotorua Cemetry, and was not taken up north.

Her son married my mother Betty Ngawai Te Amohanga married my dad Richard Maynard Cook.

Any help would be appreciated

Edited by - Cookie-little on Mar 21 2008 8:08:11 PM

Edited by - Cookie-little on Mar 21 2008 8:23:25 PM

Posted : 21 March, 2008 12:27 pm
Cookie-little OWC
(@cookie-little-owc)

CORRECTION: Totokarewa Hii Kuku

WHANAU:David Barber - Elizabeth Beatrice Theresa Waata Martin - Jenifer Barber/Harrison - James Patrick Barber - Issabella Morris Runciman - John Baptiste Barber - Lavinia Rawinia Whelham - Michael Shepard Barber - Thomas Aporo Tahu - Richard Maynard Cook.

Thanks Kina For your Help

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 March, 2008 5:47 pm
kukukarena OWC
(@kukukarena-owc)

Get in contact with Adrian he got the geneology book.
Captain John James Stanaway.
That Whakapapa goes back to him, right down to us
There's piks in there too.
He's got dad and his fathers death certificates.
He's got everything you need.
I've got the piks of Nana etc.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 March, 2008 5:28 pm
Cookie-little OWC
(@cookie-little-owc)

Children of Richard Maynard Cook

Richard Maynard Cook
Betty Nikora Te Amohanga

CHILDREN:
Rosemary
Christopher
Malcolm
Karen
Richard
Elizabeth

Which COOK/KUKU/KARENA are you????????????

Are you from the NIKORA/TE AMOHANGA SIDE:o)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 March, 2008 10:54 am
kukukarena OWC
(@kukukarena-owc)

Kuku/Karena is the line you need to be on not any other.
Nanas homestead is at Te Ngaere Marae thats where
shes from like i said I lived there so I know what I'm talking about.
Uncle jim still lives in the ole homestead cos my piece of land is rite behind it.
Dad also had another brother (Half) as you like to put it,and he goes under kingi.
if you had of listened to me way back you would'nt be writing in asking for help like i said walk the talk don't let the fingers do the walking.
cos at the end of the day your gonna have to put faces to the names of whanau you've never met.
Thats why dad told me everything to do with his whanau etc....when i was young i lived up in mangamuka so if your going to ignore the help i'm trying to give you then gud luk cos your already getting the whakapapa wrong.

sorry to those that have to read this but some people delve into there whakapapa with hate inside them. I say fix yourself first before you start on the next project.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 March, 2008 10:42 am
Kina
 Kina
(@kina)
Eminent Member

If that last reply was aimed at me i only told that young lady what was in the Maori land records. I have never in over 40 years told any person their whakapapa.But i dont know if you have suffered the heart ache of brother marrying sister and having children because no one would tell them who they are.If in some way i can help our young ones avoid the same heartache i will carry on helping them and sleep will.If i had been told things when i was young maybe my life would have been better, But then again that baggage belongs to me not my mokopuna.May peace look on your whanau.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 March, 2008 1:42 pm
Cookie-little OWC
(@cookie-little-owc)

Don't worry Kina. Just my sister blowing off steam. She isn't reading the site properly. I am searching the Cook/Karena side of the Whanau.

Karena/Cook/Kuku.

Searching both parents of dad. Just filling in the gaps. Just ignore her. Can't call her right now she's on dial up.

READ THE JOLLY BLOG FIRST LEA. GRANDMOTHER AND GRANDFATHER I,M LOOKING FOR.idiot

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 March, 2008 5:40 pm
kukukarena OWC
(@kukukarena-owc)

To kina that was not intended for you but for cook/kuku and i'm sorry to say but i did read the site properly and if anything i did grow up with my grandparents unfortunately she still as sum issues. In future i hope she directs that kind of talk to the private messages. kia ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 March, 2008 6:39 pm
Kina
 Kina
(@kina)
Eminent Member

Thanks.
Be who you are,
Be what you are,
Be happy.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 March, 2008 7:52 pm
Cookie-little OWC
(@cookie-little-owc)

KUKU/KARENA????????

The first posting is an old one. Kina was good enough to help and I thank him a great deal. You were informed that the residents at Te Ngae do not know you and or dads name/family, having spoken to the grand-daughter of the gentleman currently living there (75 years). You were told that on the phone to which your answer was the same one posted. Those links have been exhuasted. My next endeavour took me to Waikumete Cemetry (your suggestion), and am currently waiting on a reply from them (re:grandfather family name). Your info is late in coming (Kina supplied the links to this family). You were already told this over the phone. And don't know why you keep posting repeated phone conversations?????????

Please stop repeating yourself and stay off this blog.

Family info I already have. Adrian to email me. Waikumete Cemetry to email. As told to you by phone.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 March, 2008 8:51 am
parukuri OWC
(@parukuri-owc)

hey cuz even i know the cooks come from Mangamuka as i have met them. Your fathers side. and you missed a coupkle of names your sister ngaere and lea margaret you's are not the only ones in that family and they both are blood to your dad dick or richard if you want to know details of this ask my mother ginny your aunty she'll put you str8 on who's your family and whatnot stop picking and choosing who's who in your brood as you are all one blood whether you'd like to admit it or not thats just a keha view you've taken on stop it cuzz

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 April, 2008 5:11 pm
Share: