Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

KUNAITI Whanau  

kelzinaotearoa OWC
(@kelzinaotearoa-owc)

KUNAITI WHANAU
Kia Ora Whanau,
My name is Kelly and i am the great great moko of Wiki TeAmo - Nee - Kunaiti.I am trying to find my whakapapa on my nans Kunaiti whanau.Her mother and fathers full name and where they were born and any other whakapapa that may help me.Any information will be gratefully appreciated.
Naku Noa,
Kelly

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 January, 2005 9:26 am
arohaa OWC
(@arohaa-owc)

HI
There are a whanau of Kunaiti in Foxton..
You could look in the Telecom pages for their phone number.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 January, 2005 10:59 pm
kelzinaotearoa OWC
(@kelzinaotearoa-owc)

Kia Ora,
Thanks for that. Will check up on them when i go through.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 January, 2005 7:40 pm
floma OWC
(@floma-owc)

Kia ora Kelly,

my nan was Hana Te Huia Whareherehere nee Kunaiti we hail from Te Reinga Marae, Te Reinga, Wairoa. She was from Arani Kunaiti. Whanau in Wairoa. The only one that comes to mind at the moment is Ginger Te Amo who's mum was a Kunaiti and I do believe Ginger still lives in Wairoa. Kunaiti whanau in Wairoa have a reunion every 5 yrs. I haven't been to 1 yet. Maybe they could give u more information.
U could look in the fone book 4 Gingers fone no.

Good Luck

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 February, 2005 11:23 am
ringo.deane OWC
(@ringo-deane-owc)

Kia ora I know a Mere Kunaiti (Good Night) from Wainuiomata...,. Her whanau lived in Feilding Manawatu, Feilding Freezing Works ( Borthwicks)
and her cousin (later on called Pearl} does it ring a bell about the SOFT BALL TEAM PETER EMERY & SANDRA...,... SAM & TEK.... Ag High School....
Tania/ Dinks/ Margaret Simmons/ Theresa Graham etc...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 February, 2005 8:18 pm
kelzinaotearoa OWC
(@kelzinaotearoa-owc)

quote:

Kia ora Kelly,

my nan was Hana Te Huia Whareherehere nee Kunaiti we hail from Te Reinga Marae, Te Reinga, Wairoa. She was from Arani Kunaiti. Whanau in Wairoa. The only one that comes to mind at the moment is Ginger Te Amo who's mum was a Kunaiti and I do believe Ginger still lives in Wairoa. Kunaiti whanau in Wairoa have a reunion every 5 yrs. I haven't been to 1 yet. Maybe they could give u more information.

Good Luck

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 March, 2005 1:58 pm
kelzinaotearoa OWC
(@kelzinaotearoa-owc)

quote:

Kia ora Kelly,

Good Luck

Kia Ora Flo,
Thanks for that info. I know Ginger TeAmo hes my uncle.He is my nans brother. Yep he does know alot about the whanau but im just trying to find out other info that might help me find different things about her. Uncle ginger and myself are very close.I was brought up with that whanau.Cool though thanks alot for that though. Keep in touch though it will be cool to know some more whanau.
Arohatinonui
Kelly

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 March, 2005 2:03 pm
paid_2shop OWC
(@paid_2shop-owc)

My husbands great grandmother was Marae Kunaiti from Tereinga she married Werepu Kento who's father was a dutchman. Werepu's mother Ani Tepatu remarried David Bristow after Werepu's father drowned the Teohaere's,Hira Waara,Bristow whanau from Teararoa East coast are descendants from this marriage.You can contact me here ijt1943@yahoo.com.au

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 June, 2005 9:30 pm
material OWC
(@material-owc)

hey,
tena koe aunty flo.
good to see Te Reinga in here, i know i am months late. just researching the Edwards side.
i need to send you an invite for Mums b/Day.
hope you still look at this site.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 January, 2006 1:27 am

Working

Please Login or Register