Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Looking for information on my Tupuna Paoa Tako  

RSS
grandpop OWC
(@grandpop-owc)

Kia Ora, Matua tama wairua tapu nga anahera pono te mangai hei tautoko mai aianei akene ae...

I hope someone can give me some information on any of my tupuna,
some of them carried either Tako or Paoa as names-but their full names were.

PAOA TAKO, Ihimaiera (Great, Great Grandfather)
PAOA TAKO, Piri (Great, GreatUncle)
PAOA TAKO, Mano (Great,great uncle)
PAOA TAKO, Ngawati(great,Grt unc)
PAOA TAKO, Wini (Grt,grt Aunt)
PAOA TAKO, Erina (Great Grand Mother)
PAOA TAKO, Tako Paoa (Great Grand Father)
PAOA TAKO, Te Auitu (Grangfather)

They all left Waiwhatawhata in the Hokianga in the early 1900s & went to Wainui Bay in Whangaroa. TeAuitu married Atareta Ingoa Maaka from TeNgaere Bay, Whangaroa.
Ngwati, Paoa Tako, TeAuitu & Erina are in the Urupa at Wainui, the others couldve been taken back to Waiwhatawhata, but the Urupa was washed away & then it was moved to Pakanae. So alot of that history has been lost.

I would be interested to know why they all left the Hokianga at the same time-was the fishing that much better?
Where exactly Paoa Tako whanau resided, if anyone has some information which could help would be appreciated.

I am sorry I have already posted these questions on here previously, but my daughter had me a moko, with complications at the Starship in Auckland & now I can not find my original post.

Posted : 18 March, 2008 8:14 am
Share: