Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

LOOKING FOR THE HENRY WHANAU  

RSS
takerei OWC
(@takerei-owc)

Kia-Ora, I am looking for the HENRY Whanau from the Hauraki Plans, Paeroa, Thames or even Kerepeehi. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Posted : 12 November, 2006 3:13 pm
Hinga Whanau
(@hinga-whanau)

Kia ora Takerei,

This may be a long shot but have you tried the www.whitepages.co.nz as it lists Henry's living around the areas you mention. Also, www.oldfriends.co.nz and www.familysearch.org might be able to assist.

I say "long shot" because the Henry name is common and very well dispersed across the country. I have two lines of Henry (Henare) through my whanau - mainly from the Northland area.

All the best.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 November, 2006 9:49 am
terehi OWC
(@terehi-owc)

There used to be HENRY at Tahuna, not that far from Kerepehi, closer to Te Aroha, north of Morrinsville and east from Huntly. I met a "GingerPop HENRY" who was from there - now dec'd, apparently. That HENRY family used to be friends with my partner's family, who are from Pukehou, Central Hawke's Bay. When his (my partner's) brother died the HENRY family took his tupapaku to the marae at Tahuna and he was buried there, also.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 December, 2006 1:41 pm
rlee OWC
(@rlee-owc)
Eminent Member

there was Dorrie Henry from Paeroa also.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 December, 2006 6:56 pm
pono OWC
(@pono-owc)
Eminent Member

Henare whanau living at coromandel as well.
I know francis henare, am trying to contact her where about!

Edited by - pono on Jan 01 2007 12:45:55 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 January, 2007 12:39 pm
takerei OWC
(@takerei-owc)

Thank You all for your responses.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 January, 2007 5:04 pm
Billtak OWC
(@billtak-owc)

Kia ora, you must be Ngati Hako, I suggest if you are that you contact Te Kupenga o Ngati Hako in Paeroa who should link you to the Paeroa Henry's. Im a Takerei what's your mum and dads names?, there are some Takerei's buried at Kerepehi and they are mainly from Tirohia Marae in Paeroa married into the family through the Rikirangi whanau, make any sense?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 February, 2007 5:42 pm
Tangaroawhai
(@tangaroawhai)

Kia ora, Im a Henry from Te Hoi o Tainui area in Tahuna but brought up in Tuhoe. I too am looking for my whanau whakapapa maybe we are linked somewhere along the lines? My father was John Tangaroawhai Henry(deceased). I was given a name to contact for whakapapa purposes in Tahuna, her name is "Nanny Rangiwaru" not to sure of the last name though i think she is a Wiki (not sure!) hope this helps. Good luck

Edited by - Tangaroawhai on Feb 09 2007 5:18:36 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 February, 2007 11:55 am
moirajane.friend@yahoo.com.au OWC
(@moirajane-friendyahoo-com-au-owc)

To Whom it may concern my name Moira Friend i am a Henry my mother is Ginger pop who is alive and well i am also looking for the Henry whanau as i am doing our Whakapapa I have gone back as far as Tutuhau Henry who married Jessie Tirapurua Tamihana my phone is 07 8289778 mobile is 0277161776b or you can Email me at moira_richard@hotmail.com we Henry's can help you

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 October, 2007 6:39 pm
Share: