Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

LOVE, Mathew: Is this your whanau?  

Roses OWC
(@roses-owc)

While looking in a second hand shop on O'Shannessy St in Papakura I noticed a very large framed photo of a Maori whanau taken in the 1890's in Malborough. The photo was the wedding of Mathew Love. Photo is of bride, groom and extended whanau outside their home. Apart from the name Mathew love on the back there was no other information. Is this your whanau?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 May, 2005 4:08 pm
takitimu108
(@takitimu108)

The house is Arapawa, built by Riwa Love. Wedding of Poroakiahuaroa and Matiu Love. Poroaki later become Mrs Perotakaratai Ngapaki. I have this poster and got the above information from Picton Museum some years back. My mother was told the house use to belong to her great grand father (not sure how many greats). She was an Arthur from Waikawa,Picton.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 May, 2005 1:10 pm

Working

Please Login or Register