Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

MAHAKI, AKUHATA, CASEY, TAIHAKOA, HEMOPO  

turipa OWC
(@turipa-owc)

looking for whanau of the above names.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 May, 2005 3:56 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Tena koe turipa,

Make sure you are in the Whakapapa Club and click on full search. Do a search for each of those names, there are records and information there that you can follow up.

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 May, 2005 6:05 pm
Mealz OWC
(@mealz-owc)

I know some Akuhata's living on Motiti Island, there are also some living in Te Teko (different whanau's though).

There are also some Hemopo's living in the the Whakatane area...

Good luck

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 November, 2005 11:07 pm
hearty nati OWC
(@hearty-nati-owc)
Eminent Member

they are all coastie names.the akuhatas are from around te araroa but they spread all down the coast now.

the mahakis are from around te karaka and mangatu.the others i am not so familiar with but know that they are from the coast

hope thats a bit of an awhina

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 November, 2005 7:16 am
takutai kaata OWC
(@takutai-kaata-owc)

kia ora my name is takutai kaata my kuia Ameria Te Mihimate was a AKUHATA she had a brother called Te Hiko-ote-rangi who lived in Ruatoki and another brother called Pura who lived in Waimana i hope this is helpful to you
my dad is one of ameria's sons

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 November, 2005 6:43 pm
matatabornnbred
(@matatabornnbred)

Kia Ora Koe takutai,

Could you contact me please, so I can see if the tipuna Te Hiko o Te rangi you mention is the same as who i am researching about.
My grandfather was Hare Semmens and his mother was Hinenuitepo.Her father was Te Hiko O Te Rangi Akuhata of Ruatoki. Hinenuitepo had six other sisters, one sister is who the Riini Whanau of Taneatua descend from.
Kia ora Ano.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 February, 2007 1:17 pm
Bill Akuhata OWC
(@bill-akuhata-owc)

Kia ora. My name is Bill Akuhata. My koroua is Te Hiko Akuhata of Ruatoki. His sister is Te Mihimate and his brother is Pura from Te Waimana. I am from Ruatoki, but my koroua had since passed when I was born. At the time, he was married to my kuia, Hariata Rangiaho. If you would like to know more about the Akuhata whanau, I could probably direct you to my Mum. Kia ora.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 February, 2008 10:29 pm

Working

Please Login or Register