Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

MAHAKI: Ruatoki  

turipa OWC
(@turipa-owc)

we are researching the whanau of Makaia Mahaki from ruatoki, when know she had heaps of sisters and maybe her fathers name was Tom
any help would be appreciated

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 April, 2005 4:39 pm
y2ranga
(@y2ranga)

Kia ora Turipa was Makaia known as Margaret?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 April, 2005 7:42 pm
turipa OWC
(@turipa-owc)

yes she was, she was our mother

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 April, 2005 8:25 pm
y2ranga
(@y2ranga)

Turipa, is the name Le Foe familiar to you? If so I lived in Aria when they were oppossuming and shearing in the 70's and spent time with that whanau and travelled to Ruatoki for different reasons with Margaret. The name surname Ashby was mentioned as one of the family names.You can email me by clicking on my name.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 April, 2005 12:26 am
turipa OWC
(@turipa-owc)

hi there y2ranga
I sent you a email but Im not sure if I did it correctly please let me know if you didnt get it

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 April, 2005 8:23 pm
y2ranga
(@y2ranga)

Kia ora turipa yes I answered your email, I will resend my response. A te waa ka korero ano taua.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 April, 2005 10:22 pm
turipa OWC
(@turipa-owc)

we have now got the female line and now need male line our grand-father was Tom,Tame Mahaki,from Ruatoki,he married Hineauripo, he may of had a brother called Wi and maybe Don

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 May, 2005 8:25 pm
Bruce OWC
(@bruce-owc)

quote:

Hine au-ripo and Tametohi were my mothers pakeke,Huhana,Some of Tametohis brothers were tuhoe, and Wi he had more.I'm not sure but,Tuhoe could be his koro, and Mahaki his father.I knew aunty Makaia when she use to stay at Taneatua.Some of her brothers were Maui Akuhata,Joe Hurae, some of her sisters were Huhana Mahaki, Mable Mahaki,Olive Hurae[Maui],Janice or Janet Mahaki,Rangiora Taipeti there was/is more.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 February, 2006 7:49 pm

Working

Please Login or Register