Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

MAKARINI, Makarini a.k.a Makarini Puhata  

RSS
riria
(@riria)

I'm looking any information in regards to my great great grandmothers brother... as most of my elders have passed on the history of their generation has faded away with them... i am trying to peice together the puzzle that is currently our geneology... all that i know about Makarini is that he is the son of Te Rawha(f) and Puhata Makarini(m) whos whakapapa states that they are from the Te Whanau A Apanui rohe, he married Heneriata, nicknamed (Granny Sei) they moved to the east coast never to be heard of again... Makarini had a sister called Te Rangirangi Puhata a.k.a Mauho Puhata. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Posted : 21 February, 2007 6:23 pm
yweto
(@yweto)

Kia Ora Riria,
My name is Jack Mclean Chambers.
My great grandfather was Makarini Puhata.
I think also known as Tamaiti Puhata.
My great grand mother was Henretta Angitu from Hawae, Whakatohea, Te Whanau A Apanui.
I would like to know more about those old people myself. Heoi ano kia ora ki a taua.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 June, 2007 3:45 pm
lofty OWC
(@lofty-owc)

Kia ora riria,
My name is Tina Hazel-Loft My dad is a grand nephew to Heneriata, She is his grandfathers half sister they had the same dad, anyways they called her Sei Kuia My dad grew up around these old people I'll ask him about your tipuna he's still got an awesome memory and Sei kuia was his fav nani.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 October, 2007 10:36 pm
Share: