Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Malmanche, Jonas: seeking whakapapa Te Kaawa Taoho  

RSS
jonas OWC
(@jonas-owc)

Tena Koutou katoa,
im a decendant of the te kaawa taoho whanau from Ruataahuna and seeking info: whakapapa wise. any help from those who know please give me a call on 0211358896 or via email maungapohatu@xtra.co.nz

kia ora

Posted : 09 November, 2006 9:45 pm
poutuedwards
(@poutuedwards)
Eminent Member

kia ora Jonas,
I know John Taoho he's a good friend of my husbands, I will get him to ask John to get a hold of you somehow. He's due to go up to the lake sometime in the next couple of weeks but John sometimes calls in to us when he can. Thoughs guys from the maunga are staunch strong in their ways esp about whakapapa and me being a wahine is pushing it so I wont ask anything about your line or relations incase they growl. Ok, anyway I wrote your number down for them.
Goodluck

peaceful regard
Jacqui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 November, 2006 1:20 am
jonas OWC
(@jonas-owc)

Thank U very Much...n yes i know for a fact that our tuhoe people are very tuturu ki nga whakapapa so thanx a mill

J

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 November, 2006 4:09 pm
Riki_Puki_Iraia OWC
(@riki_puki_iraia-owc)

Kia Ora

I first come across a Te Kaawa in the Rua Kenana Book In the Search of my own Whanau From Ruatahuna.
Anyhow My Koro's Sister Patuata Pinepine Iraia-Heurea Married A Te Kaawa His name is Sonny Te Kaawa they are both of Ngai Tuhoe,The best person to my knoldge to make contact with as far as my awhi can go is my Uncle Basil Iraia He is a Kaumatua He is able to help as far as this go,you mite even be whanau lol.
here is my uncles contact details:
HOME NO#-068707537
CELL NO#-027-6352175
ADDRESS ; 1213A CUNNINGHAM CRES MAYFAIR
HASTINGS.
I Hope this is of some help and Good Luck.

Noho ora mai.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 November, 2006 11:25 am
Riki_Puki_Iraia OWC
(@riki_puki_iraia-owc)

kia ora ano
Sonny Te Kaawa Was my Aunty's 1st marrage
you could ask my Uncle Basli for Patuata's details to make contact with herr but note;she is one of the last living elders of my koro's generation she is the 8th youngest out of 13 tamariki and isint to well as ive only seen her once and that was at my nans tangi but i was never Interduced to her,pleas dont hesertate to make contact.yeahhhhhhh Tuhoe r strict With Whakapapa, But Good luck and i hope all goese well

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 November, 2006 11:43 am
Te Korowai OWC
(@te-korowai-owc)

tena koe jacqueline
just wondering if your kuia Te Mamae is from ngati wai ki takahiwai

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 December, 2006 7:56 pm
arapeta OWC
(@arapeta-owc)

Tena koe Jonas,

I am of the Te Kaawa whanau that you enquire about from Ruatahuna. The previous contacts are correct Tuhoe are weary when it comes to sharing whakapapa. However, if you can contact my Uncle Ranapia Te Rire from Ruatahuna he might shed some light on your inquiry. His house is first on the right after crossing the Whakatane River bridge. Tena korero atu ki a ia. Hei kora.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 December, 2006 8:51 pm
poutuedwards
(@poutuedwards)
Eminent Member

Kia ora Jonas, jus dropping a note that I passed your number and name on to John he had a fair idea of who it is you will need to korero with, good luck.

peaceful regard
Jacqui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 December, 2006 6:04 am
Share: