Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

MANGAKAHIA, Riria  

RSS
bubbamohinz OWC
(@bubbamohinz-owc)

I have been looking for some info on behalf for my Mother, of Riria Mangakahia. My Mum is a descendant of Riria Mangakahia whom married Hori Te Tai from Hokianga. There was some Take about Hori and Riria's marraige in the Hokianga so they moved to Coromandel ways (Whangapoua). There it gets complicated.
They had a daughter, Wiha, whom later married Moutini Tawhai from the Hokianga and had a daughter named Maraea Mina May Tawhai (Mami), whom married Huna Reihana-Ruka (Timbo) whom are the parents of my mother, Lydia (Riria, Kiki or Kicky).
All we know is that Riria died fairly young of a sickness and Hori and Riria only had one child together (which is Wiha). Hori later married. We are trying to track down anymore info of Riria, her parents and grandparents and so forth.
Any information relevant is mostly appreciated. Thanks all!
😀

Posted : 12 August, 2006 2:49 am
Share: