Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Maori Land Court Minute Books  

RSS
iraboyd@hotmail.com OWC
(@iraboydhotmail-com-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia ora whanau, ano, does anyone know of a website where i can view (visually read) the maori land court minute books.
For those looking/searching for whakapapa this is a good place to look. Found my mum's whakapapa through Napier and Taupo minute books which went back to my great great great koro, Manihera Te Paa.
Will email Maori Land Court and ask, will post the info when i find out.
Kia ora whanau,
Ko Ira ahau.

Posted : 12 November, 2006 9:41 am
kiriwai
(@kiriwai)

You can view some Maori Land Minute Books at the Law Centre Library in Wellington, as well as at the Wellington National Archive and some at the Turnbull Library, again in Wellington.
And then your local Maori Land Court office. I found that the MLC is better, cos the help is there should you need it You can also printout what information you may find, at a small cost at most of these places. Auckland library also has access to the MB, which you can purchase, at a very high price, but not all information is accessible on disc. Kiaora hope this helps

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 November, 2006 11:55 am
Share: