Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

MARINO Te Puni Wiremu (Barney)  

mered OWC
(@mered-owc)

Kia Ora

looking for infomation of Te Puni Wiremu Marino aka (Barney)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 November, 2004 9:24 pm
artecwoman OWC
(@artecwoman-owc)

Kia Ora Mere

where does Te Puni come from does he come from east coast area
I am curious as my sister married a Marino from Maraenui.

na Inu

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 November, 2004 9:37 pm
mered OWC
(@mered-owc)

Kia Ora Inu,

I am looking for this information for a friend of mine, I spoke with him this morning

His father's name was Te Puni Wiremu also known as(Barney), he knows nothing of his father, he thinks that he came from the East Coast area he is not sure, he himself was bought up at Maraenui his mothers name was "Waitangi Te Kani her parents were Tangiwai and Koruru, if this is any help

Mere

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 November, 2004 9:09 am
artecwoman OWC
(@artecwoman-owc)

Kia Ora ano Mere

Thankyou very much for this information I will by all means forward
this on to my brother in law for sure he will know the person or the
family that you are looking for

Kia kaha na Inu

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 November, 2004 5:12 pm
mered OWC
(@mered-owc)

Kia Ora Inu,

Have spoken with my friend and he thinks that your sister is married to his brother, they both know only the name of their father they do know that he had a sister by the name of Tangihaere, she had a daughter Lani Moore and a son Te Tatana.

They are keen to know something of their father, they are both getting on...they know their mother's side, but no older memebers of the family to ask...

Thanks Heaps

Mere

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 November, 2004 10:50 pm
artecwoman OWC
(@artecwoman-owc)

Kia Ora ano Mere

Who is the name of your friend.
My sisters husband is Te Kani Marino and the only one of his siblings
that I met is his brother Suda Marino and his sisters Maki Tai,and Eva I dont know her surname so I hope that this could help you a little bit.

Na Inu

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 November, 2004 11:14 pm
artecwoman OWC
(@artecwoman-owc)

Kia Ora

just wondering if you have gotten back to your
friend or not as I am very interested on how the outcome
will be.

well anyway I hope that he does find his whanau
kia kaha

na Inu

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 December, 2004 10:45 pm
mered OWC
(@mered-owc)

Kia Ora Inu,

Sorry it looks as if my last message did not get posted

My friend is Suda Marino your sisters husband I have so far traced some information through the Maori Land Courts

But it still does not give them much info on their father, but hope to try and piece things together for them

Mere

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 December, 2004 11:03 pm
mered OWC
(@mered-owc)

sorry meant your brother-in-law is my friend Suda's brother

Mere

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 December, 2004 11:04 pm
artecwoman OWC
(@artecwoman-owc)

Kia Ora mere

tell Suda to go back to his brother Kani cause I am quite
positive that he has a photo of their father and I think also
that kani has a little info about their father.

kia kaha.

na Inu

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 December, 2004 8:21 am
papaka OWC
(@papaka-owc)

Kia Ora Mered, my name is Tangiwai Gardiner. I am one of the Great Grand Children of Tangiwai and Koraurau Te Kani. My Grandfathers name was Bonjean (Barney - Pani) Te Kani. Our whanau live in Tauranga, but yes the Marino whanau are living down the coast. Contact me and I will give you my mums email. She knows how to contact everyone.

Papaka

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 January, 2005 10:06 pm
Paora OWC
(@paora-owc)

kia ora,
my name is Pauline Tunihia Harawira(Te Kani). my parents were Barney Te Kani(Poni) and Heni Te Kani(nee Stainton) from Hicks Bay.
My grandparents were Koraurau and Tangiwai (nee Delamere) Te Kani. They lived at Maraenui and had Aunty Waitangi, who married Te Puni Marino, Uncle Peter Ratahi Te Kani, Uncle Turirangi TeKani who married Hinerau Ngatai, my dad, and Uncle Paul ( Paora Ngamoki) who died overseas in the @nd. world war. As far as I know Te Puni came from Tauranga moana but lived at Maraenui all or most of his married life anyway - I believe that his name was or his father's name was Te Mete Marino or the other way around, who found his way down that way and stayed on taking the name of Marino as his surname.Anyway, it is very interesting reading all this correspondance and would love to hear directly from Mered for some further korero.
na Paora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 January, 2005 5:02 pm
calm1 OWC
(@calm1-owc)

My name is Evelyn Tai and I am the granddaughter of Te Puni and Waitangi MARINO and very proud of it too. My mother is Maki(not her real name). I am quite shocked to see our tipuna, auntie, uncles and mothers name on the net in public view.
It is with interest to us(the grandchildren) as I have informed them why you two mered and artecwoman are so interested with OUR tipuna. Both your korero is conflicting because you go from one extreme to another in saying that you are inquiring for a friend then the korero goes to another extreme in mentioning a brother in law. What is it?

Are you saying our tipuna had another child?
Was it so much an interest you went to seek info at the Maori Land Court?
Is someone elses land your real interest?
Are your a direct descendant of OUR tipuna.

If you both say you know Uncle Suda and Uncle Kani then you both should know where they reside and take your issues and/or questions to them personally. This is my email address if you both wish to take this further or discuss this privately and it is evelyn_tai@hotmail.com.
Hope to hear from you both very soon.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 September, 2005 5:28 pm

Working

Please Login or Register