Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Maryann Martin Searching for Martin Family  

RSS
Mez OWC
(@mez-owc)

Hello my name is Maryann Martin and i don;t know much of my Martin family because my father was like a black sheep of the family which is really sad 🙁 but anyway my dads name is Pini Edward Martin and his dads name is Reo Edward Martin his mother i don't know i think her name is Margaret....I heard he has 2 sisters or maybe more and 1 brother that i know of their names are Sheryl-ann and Mary-lee and my uncles name is Jimbo Martin i know where he is but not sure where the sisters(My Aunties are) i know they live in Rotorua somewhere but i don't know where and my father won't tell me i know his mother is still alive and his father as well.... I have met my dads father(My Grandfather) and he is kinda cool but he has a new family as him and my dads mum split a long time ago...But yeah my dads dad (My Grandfather) lives here in Auckland (Mangere) and i don't see him often and i don't really want to (sad but true)....So if any one knows anyone of my dads family please get in touch with me as i have two beautiful young daughters and it would be ashame if they missed out on their grandfathers family as i have......Please get in touch with me or leave me a message as i will definitely love to hear from you....THANKYOU....

Posted : 29 May, 2007 3:56 am
interplanetjanet
(@interplanetjanet)
Eminent Member

Hello Maryann, have you tried putting the name 'Martin' into this sites search engine?
I recall we had a few posts a while ago regarding that name, perhaps those that posted may be able to help if you contact them, good luck with your search

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 May, 2007 10:00 pm
ABU OWC
(@abu-owc)

kia ora, just inquiring about the martin whanau there are a few martins in hamilton as well whether they are connected i dont no, but some where along the line they probably are connected but good to hear from you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 June, 2007 8:14 pm
prettyappletree OWC
(@prettyappletree-owc)

Kia ora,I Know of acouple of martins,polly,martha,raiha and i know theres afew more from that same whanau as these are sisters.They use to live in Ngaruawahia but have moved over to oz.There dads name is nene(as far as i new thats what we us to call him)but any way i can find out more and i,ll let you know what i find,Sorry can't be of much help at the mo,but good luck any ways.

chow 4 now
MEL.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 June, 2007 12:09 am
Maureen Fenton OWC
(@maureen-fenton-owc)

The Martin whanau that I know of are from Miti Miti in the Hokianga. They are affiliated with Aupouri and Te Rarawa.However just looking through the other information that has been posted - I am unsure if this is the same whanau.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 June, 2007 11:53 am
Chowleega OWC
(@chowleega-owc)

Maryanne contact Te Unga Waka Marae in New Market and get them to give you a contact number for Pa Henare Tate. He knows some of the whakapapa for the Martin Whanau in the Hokianga and alot more.

Edited by - Chowleega on Jun 06 2007 12:06:45 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 June, 2007 12:05 pm
moirajane.friend@yahoo.com.au OWC
(@moirajane-friendyahoo-com-au-owc)

Kia Ora
There are Martins that come from out kawhia way as well. My Uncle Arthur is a Martin from Kawhia, also his whanau come from Otorohanga, and Te Kuiti. It really depends on which area they originate as there are lots of Martins i will talk to my Uncle and see what i can come up with maybe you are connected these Martins aswell. my email address is moira_richard@hotmail.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 November, 2007 11:23 am
Share: