Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

McMILLAN, Mohi Wharaurangi Koperu  

RSS
Ira OWC
(@ira-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia ora whanau, unclaimed land monies for Mohi McMILLAN, or Wharaurangi McMILLAN or KOPERU whanau.

These are the successor’s to Mohi McMILLAN, or Wharaurangi McMILLAN or KOPERU land shares and unclaimed land monies:
1.. No one has succeeded to Mohi’s land shares (as yet) and that is sad whanau real sad!
2.. Succession needs to take place if this is your father or grandfather? Come on whanau, get with it!

Waikato-Maniapoto 1422753-00 Mohi McMillan $ 9,146.19

Mohi McMillan received his land shares from Merania Te Rangihau.

Landshare records:
You searched for: wharerangi mcmillan - No data found.
You searched for: wharerangi koperu - No data found.
You searched for: wharaurangi mcmillan
1 block(s) found.
http://www.maorilandonline.govt.nz/mlol/searchresults.jsp?firstName=wharaurangi&lastName=mcmillan&submitOwner=Search&trustName=&blockName=&district=
You searched for: wharaurangi koperu
1 block(s) found.
http://www.maorilandonline.govt.nz/mlol/searchresults.jsp?firstName=wharaurangi&lastName=koperu&submitOwner=Search&trustName=&blockName=&district=
You searched for: mohi koperu - No data found.
You searched for: mohi mcmillan
9 block(s) found.
http://www.maorilandonline.govt.nz/mlol/searchresults.jsp?firstName=mohi&lastName=mcmillan&submitOwner=Search&trustName=&blockName=&district=

Deceased info for:
McMILLAN Mohi Wharaurangi Koperu - 089D - New Plymouth - Jun 20 1970
McMILLAN * Donald 063D Stratford Sep 19 1972
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Park/7572/bdmtara5.txt

Info extracted from MLCourt documentation:
Order vesting beneficial freehold interests in Maori Freehold Land in an administrator.
The said deceased was the proprietor of the beneficial freehold interests in Maori freehold land mentioned in the schedule hereto and whereas
St Leger, Manning, Reeves., c/- St Leger H. Reeves & Sons, PO Box 70, New Plymouth. (the firm holding land funds for Mohi/Wharaurangi) and are the appointed administrators of the estate of the said Mohi McMillan, or Wharaurangi McMillan, or Koperu, deceased.

I have received documentation from MLCourt regarding issues for Mohi/Wharerangi McMillan/Koperu and successors to Merania Te Rangihau land shares, so if you would like a copy email me with your address and will post it to you. Kia ora.

Further details:
1. Contact one of our offices and an “Identity Form” will be sent to you. This will assist us to confirm your identity to enable the funds to be paid out; : maori.trust@tpk.govt.nz

2. If you see the name of someone you know (and whose address you know) please contact one of our offices and the appropriate forms will be sent to them; e-mail: maori.trust@tpk.govt.nz

3. If you see the name of someone who is deceased and you believe that you are entitled to succeed to that person, please contact the Māori Land Court who will be able to assist you (you may also advise us on the response form available); e-mail: maori.trust@tpk.govt.nz

4. If you see the name of someone who is deceased and you know of others who may be entitled to succeed to that person, please contact the potential successors and ask them to contact the Māori Land Court for advice on succession (you may also advise us on the form available). e-mail: maori.trust@tpk.govt.nz

Any unclaimed money may still be claimed by the person(s) entitled to that money.
J E Paki
Māori Trustee
Māori Trust Office
WELLINGTON
Te Puni Kōkiri House
143 Lambton Quay
P O Box 5038
WELLINGTON 6145
Ph: 04-922-9200
Fax: 04-922-9210
e-mail: maori.trust@tpk.govt.nz

Arohamai whanau.

Edited by - Ira on Jan 21 2007 11:55:53 AM

Posted : 21 January, 2007 8:51 am
Te_wahine OWC
(@te_wahine-owc)

Kia ora, thank goodness for people like you who keep helping people like me, Im perplexed, If I cant locate Aunt Rose, can I claim it, put it in a trust til she is found? I must say Im a bit saddened that Koro chose to leave the land to just one of his children, and left the rest of his children, grandchildren and now great grandchildren with NO PLACE TO STAND!!!
Kia ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 January, 2007 2:36 pm
Ira OWC
(@ira-owc)
Eminent Member

quote:

Kia ora, thank goodness for people like you who keep helping people like me, Im perplexed, If I cant locate Aunt Rose, can I claim it, put it in a trust til she is found? I must say Im a bit saddened that Koro chose to leave the land to just one of his children, and left the rest of his children, grandchildren and now great grandchildren with NO PLACE TO STAND!!!
Kia ora

Kia ora Mihi,

As far as I am aware you would have to claim to Koro's land shares before they release the funds. But will check this out and get back to you.

If a will wasn't left then mum or dad, could claim for a share of his land holdings. Mum or dad can still dispute the will though.

If mum or dad decide to dispute the will, then the judge will get the whanau to korero to each other and if they can't come up with a positive solution then the judge would have to abide by the will.

It makes me sad too, that his land shares were left to one person, but I spose it could be a test for your aunt, to see if she is going to share her land shares with her brothers and sisters. Beats me why your koro did that? Sorry can't explain this one!

This is one situation I have personally encountered:
The five eldest were left the land shares of their mum and dad, and the 4 youngest were left with the home. The 3 youngest have sold their shares to their youngest brother (and now they have no financial assets) and he now is the sole owner of the family home.

The five older ones have decided to include ALL the brothers and sisters into the landshares (even though they did not benefit from any monies recieved from the family home). So I guess it's up to aunt whether she is willing to share your TURANGAWAEWAE with you all. That would be good of her if she does that!

Talk to your aunt (when you find her) and ask her if you and your brothers and sisters can have some of koro's land shares. Talk to her see what you come up with. She doesn't need all those land shares and don't be whakama about it either. I wish you well, but ask her. What's that old saying? You don't know unless you ask!

Hope this helps.
All the best.
Arohamai.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 January, 2007 9:54 am
Te_wahine OWC
(@te_wahine-owc)

Kia ora Ira, yes I think you are right, tracking down my aunt is the only answer, this morning I have begun contacting all the whanau that I can, to begin searching more intensly for her, many hands make light work aye *smiles*
Yes, Once I understood the concept of Turangawaewae, only then did I understand how important it was to me, and how it would consume me, Manawhenua of the land is also important to me.
Arohanui Ira, dont ever stop messaging people, you are the best!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 January, 2007 10:23 am
Share: