Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Mihaka, Raiha raua ko Eruera, Te Ahuahu  

RSS
andrei OWC
(@andrei-owc)

Tena koutou katoa, Keita Eruera Mihaka was my great-grandmother, her mother Raiha and her father Eruera Mihaka, both lived at Te Ahuahu in the far north where Keita was born. Is there anyone from up there who knows about these tipuna and the Nga Puhi link in my whakapapa. It is mistifiying me why Keita would travel all the way to Omaio in Te Whanau a Apanui rohe (in those days it would have been quite a journey)to leave her peepi, my grandmother, to be raised there, also the kuia and koroua that my grandmother lived amongst had 1st hand experience of the Nga Puhi 'expeditions'. I would love to know more.
We have a cool history in this country, most especially te ao Maori.
Mauria mai o koutou whakaaro, Maaui Walker.

Posted : 06 July, 2006 12:53 pm
Share: