Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

MOEKE Whanau  

RSS
Geenie OWC
(@geenie-owc)

I am 19 years old and for the last 5 years I have been actively searching for my brother who was adopted out before I was born.
By now he would be in his mid 20s early 30s.I believe his birth name was Bartoria Moeke and he was born in Gisborne or around the east coast area. If you are somewhere out there please contact me.
I would really love to know you.

Edited by - Geenie on Feb 24 2005 12:42:35 PM

Posted : 23 February, 2005 10:59 am
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora Geenie

Firstly you wrote in the Whakapapa Club Panui

quote:

I am definately interested. Ngati Porou, Ngati Kahungunu.Whakapapa club would help me alot and hopefully I can help someone else.

Of course you will be able to awhi people as you go along

Now for your query, could you clarify something for me? I see that your last name in your profile is not Moeke, so would your brother have another surename now? Also, if you could give us an idea of how old he would be, that may also help as well as any other information you may have.

Good Luck!

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 February, 2005 6:22 am
Geenie OWC
(@geenie-owc)

I have a different father to all my brothers and sisters. Campbell is my fathers last name, Moeke is my mothers last name, maybe it got changed by his adopted parents. I think he would be between 22 - 25years old. thank you so much for your tautoko. Kia-ora.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 February, 2005 2:07 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora ano,

[url="http://www.maori.org.nz/papa_panui/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=446&FORUM_ID=2&CAT_ID=2&Topic_Title=moeke+%2D+ngati+porou&Forum_Title=Finding+Whanau+%28Family%29"]This panui[/url] is about the Moeke whanau, maybe they could help

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
Together we will get there!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 March, 2005 12:06 pm
schysms OWC
(@schysms-owc)

Kia ora Geenie,
I dont know your brother but I do know where his name comes from. Bartoria(Bart)Moeke was from Hiruharama(Jeru) and was a friend as well as whanaunga from back then(60s/70s).I last knew him when he was at Ngata college. We were the school rebels back then.
Geenie, I have some young Australian born Moeke of the same family line ages 7-11 who I am trying to help find their whanau back home. Their father is Michael(Reggae) Moeke from Porirua, and he doesnt make it on back home hookups whanau wise;
Maybe u or ur readers can help

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 July, 2005 7:44 pm
Geenie OWC
(@geenie-owc)

kia ora, thank you for your post.
unfortunately i do not know of a Michael moeke but my mother has 7 sisters and 7 brothers so im quite sure at least one of them will know. i will ask around. i hope i will be able to help you.

I have just found out some new info on my brother, he was born in november in 1978-1979, his name from birth was Bartoria Tumanako Moeke.
Any info at all would be great

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 July, 2005 9:57 am
interplanetjanet
(@interplanetjanet)
Eminent Member

Have you tried searching under Old Friends or Genes Reunited online sites. Both are good places for locating living relatives as is the white pages online directory assuming of course he has kept his original name. I have just started contacting lost Moeke relatives myself looking for info and recalled your post as I found Old Friends had a Bart Moeke listed although I think he may be too old for your brother. However one name often leads to another as we tend to keep some names within our whanaus line so perhaps it may help your search -after all it is not a common name and that in itself can assist your search I wish you luck

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 August, 2005 12:08 am
Geenie OWC
(@geenie-owc)

thanks for that.
I am also a member of old friends and the bart moeke from that website is actually my uncle, my brother was named after him.
Maybe it would be a good idea to look again though just in case.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 August, 2005 2:25 pm
jermaine murch OWC
(@jermaine-murch-owc)

kia ora i was reading this message and noticed my fathers name (Michael Moeke)i am looking for him and and my little sisters,and the only thing i know is they live in australia use to be wollongong??please email me if you can help!thanx

quote:

Kia ora Geenie,
I dont know your brother but I do know where his name comes from. Bartoria(Bart)Moeke was from Hiruharama(Jeru) and was a friend as well as whanaunga from back then(60s/70s).I last knew him when he was at Ngata college. We were the school rebels back then.
Geenie, I have some young Australian born Moeke of the same family line ages 7-11 who I am trying to help find their whanau back home. Their father is Michael(Reggae) Moeke from Porirua, and he doesnt make it on back home hookups whanau wise;
Maybe u or ur readers can help

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 January, 2008 1:24 pm
Share: