Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

MOHI  

RSS
Misti OWC
(@misti-owc)

I'm trying to find out my whakapapa on my mum's side of the family, her name is Lois Rena Mohi her father is Douglas Mohi and mother is Margaret Watene.

Posted : 30 July, 2005 5:44 pm
tutu OWC
(@tutu-owc)

HI Misti,

Do you have any other information? Tribal/Hapu affiliations. My family is from Waimarama, Hawkes Bay - Ngati Kahungunu. If you are connected to this line, than we are probably related. Do you know who Douglas's father was?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 August, 2005 6:59 am
himiona1 OWC
(@himiona1-owc)

hi misti,

i am related to the mohi whanau from awahau in rotorua however my whanau grew up in maketu so give us a buzz we may be related

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 January, 2006 4:56 pm
Tumanako Meroiti OWC
(@tumanako-meroiti-owc)

My Grand mother is burried in Awahau. Our whanau, mine and yours aren't originally from Awahau. Our whakapapa can be traced back to Te Puke. From Awahau we can whakapapa into the Waikato. We are descendents of some prominent people.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 January, 2006 2:59 pm
tutu OWC
(@tutu-owc)

Kia ora Himiona,

I'm from the Kahungunu Mohi's. We descend from Mohi Te Atahikoia. His children took his first name as their surname - one grandson took the name Akonga as his surname. There are also the Te Arawa Mohi's and Mohi's from Nga Puhi, which aren't connected to the Kahugnunu lot - as far as I am aware. I am sure that we are related though Misti, as the Watene name is also in our whakapapa.
I also had an auntie called Rena Mohi - though not the same as yours....have you had any further luck in your search? Let me know. I do have some of the whakapapa.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 June, 2007 3:20 pm
Share: