Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

MOHI and PARAHA: Looking for whanau iwi roots  

NgatiMaori OWC
(@ngatimaori-owc)

Kia ora everyone

I'm pretty much looking for my whanau iwi roots

My great great great grandfather is Oti Mohi
My great great great grandmother is Te Ratuhi Paraha
(Husband and Wife)

But any information would be much appreciated from anyone!!

Thanx

Edited by - NgatiMaori on Mar 01 2005 7:13:10 PM

Edited by - poutokomanawa on Mar 07 2005 11:54:43 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 March, 2005 7:09 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora NgatiMaori,

If you go to www.familysearch.org and put Paraha in the surname and set the country to New Zealand you will find a lot of Paraha whanau. I have had a quick look and there is a listing for a Ratuhi PARAHA and you would probably recognise other names as well. You can try this process for the Mohi Whanau name also, or search for the surname that is stated as the spouse on the Ratuhi PARAHA record as well.

You need to be aware that not all of the records at familysearch are accurate, in regards to names, dates, places, but they give a good place to start.

Good luck and let us know how you get on

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 March, 2005 4:44 pm
NgatiMaori OWC
(@ngatimaori-owc)

Kia Orar Poutokomanawa

Man that site is awesome!!!!!
I found all the whanau!!!
Awesome stuff
Hey thank you for that!!
It means alot!!!

Much apreciated!!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 March, 2005 8:25 am
robyn24 OWC
(@robyn24-owc)

Hello my names robyn joyce the people you mention are my great grandparents my nana was maria tuhua mohi amnd my dad is alexander do you know of them.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 February, 2006 1:00 pm
Stan OWC
(@stan-owc)

Kia Ora Whanua,
Interesting I have just returned from NZ and while there had a quick tiki tour around Northland. I actually took a photo of my great grandmothers gravestone - Ratuhi. I have two sets of whakapapa obtain from Annie Hiku(deceased) who was a daughter of Ani, younger sister of Maria. Now my mum was the daughter of Kahumakaka (youngest daughter) and was actually brought you by Oti Tuhua & Ratuhi in her early years so I can ask her specific questions you might have re: the smiths, joyces , hikus , pickerings and rest of the tuhua mohis...

Your cuzzie...Peter

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 March, 2006 8:01 pm
Te Kuta OWC
(@te-kuta-owc)

Kia Ora Stan (peter),

My name is Lee Anne I am a mokopuna of Kawhena Tuhua, who's parents are Oti and Ratuhi Tuhua. I would love to know the whakapapa of my great grandparent Oti Tuhua Mohi, if you have any information about my great grandparent I would truly appreciate it.

Help Please

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 July, 2006 10:34 pm
p3home OWC
(@p3home-owc)

Kia ora whanau

I am the youngest grand daughter of the youngest son Kawhena Maraea and Ani were my fathers elder sisters. Lee anne is my neice. Oti and Te Ratuhi were my grand parents. Stan kia ora mai koe we are going to kerikeri and I would love to meet my fathers sister, my aunty. Email me if you would

naku noa
p3home

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 July, 2006 10:04 pm
Stan OWC
(@stan-owc)

Lee Anne & p3home,

Please feel free to email me :

Peter@Olendzki.freeserve.co.uk

Regards

Stan

ReplyQuote