Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

MOKARAKA Whanau, Mataraua Kaikohe.  

RSS
jaxx_nz_maori OWC
(@jaxx_nz_maori-owc)

I'm researching my mums whanau from Mataraua Kaikohe. have found my koro: Wiremu Mokaraka D.O.B 07/06/1899...P.O.B Mataraua...He married my nan: Maatapiko Komene 30/10/1919 & passed away 04/06/1948 They are both buried in our whanau urupa in Mataraua...but I don't know the name of it. I don't know how many children they had together so I'll just name the one's I know of. Mokai (deceased)...Liz...Jane...Patsy...Wai...Isobel...Rebecca...William...Joe (deceased) Any info would be very much appreciated.

Posted : 17 September, 2005 10:42 pm
jaxx_nz_maori OWC
(@jaxx_nz_maori-owc)

oh crap...looks like I've posted this topic twice! Apologies evry1 I'm a nubee here. :-s

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 September, 2005 10:44 pm
Kina
 Kina
(@kina)
Eminent Member

Try www.surnamenavigator.org

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 September, 2005 8:20 am
jaxx_nz_maori OWC
(@jaxx_nz_maori-owc)

I tried the above site, did a surname searc & I got 17 pages pop up...is that the way it works? farout, thats a lot!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 September, 2005 11:13 am
jaxx_nz_maori OWC
(@jaxx_nz_maori-owc)

oh nah, disregard that last post...nubee has figured out how to use the navigator now lol...thankyou kina.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 September, 2005 4:35 pm
moana kapua OWC
(@moana-kapua-owc)

Hi i'm trying to search my son's whakapapa and I think jaxx nz maori may be able to help me. Please email me at butafly1mlk@hotmail.com thanks. I think My son is related here somewhere along this line. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 July, 2006 2:13 pm
jaxx_nz_maori OWC
(@jaxx_nz_maori-owc)

hey moana, I have a cousin named victor mokaraka, I'll send u an email k? sry its taken ages for me to post, havnt been on in a while

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 September, 2006 1:47 pm
Share: