Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

MORUNGA,whanau  

RSS
willym OWC
(@willym-owc)

Kiaora
is there any Morunga whanau out there online
my name is William Morunga,wife name Colleen Noble & 6 tamarikis
we live in Upper Hutt,Wellington and moved from Auckland about 4-5 years ago.my Dads name is Dawson Te Wairongoa Morunga and mums name is Rachel Rahera Terry(passed away).his Dads name is the late Kamariera Morunga and his Mothers name is Te Koaea Reihana Harema who passed away about 2 years ago.if there is any Morunga Whanau close to us,drop me a e-mail so we can get together and have a chat.i know papa Ben and Sarina very well who are in Whirinaki but i cant seem to contact them online.is there anyone out there that knows why this website is not responding( http://www.tehikutu.co.nz).Adel Morunga, if you are watching this website,drop me a line please.
Kiaora tatou katoa

Posted : 28 September, 2005 1:37 pm
cherylb OWC
(@cherylb-owc)

Hi William, my daughters' partners surname is Loughlin, his mother is May she was a Morunga, I have made contact with her and she has asked me to give you her phone num. as follows;
07 3770258. She lives in Taupo and is from Ngungaru up north.She thinks that she is probably your great aunt as Karmireia was her grandfather, she would be more than happy to hear from you. Hope its what you're looking for,
Cherylb.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 September, 2005 3:55 pm
cherylb OWC
(@cherylb-owc)

hi william, my name is kylee beattie,my mother-inlaw is a morunga.Kamariera is my mother inlaws grandfather, her fathers' father. my mother has already given you our home phone number (this is her email addy)i live with her in Taupo.may will be able to help you.ring her sometime,she is looking foward to hearing from you.arohanui.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 September, 2005 5:36 pm
willym OWC
(@willym-owc)

thanks cherylb and kylee.
my geneology goes back to WILLIAM TRUSTED who came from England,and was the father of KAMARIERA AND BETSY MORUNGA.i know one day that i will have to go back home to learn our whakapapa and the treasures it holds as in whanau values,but thanks again for your response.i would like to share something with your mother-inlaw which i hope she will get.

TE MATOU TENEI
written by our karani,Whiu Te Hira,tamahau rawiri and Poi Karora.this waiata recognises our statusof being tangata whenua(people of the land) of Whirinaki.the late Brian Wikaira translates

KO MATOU TENEI,
TE HIKUTU O HOKIANGA,
WHAKAPOU KARAKIA,
E RUNGA O WHIRIA
PAIAKA O TE RIRI,
TE KAWA O RAHIRI
AUE TE AROHA,
AUE

UIA TE TATAI
ME KOWHAI MATOU,
HE URI NO RAHIRI,
TAURAMOKO E RUNGA,
TUKU IHO MAI RA,
KIA MATAU,
KIA TATOU E TE IWI,
MW TE IWI NUI E.

MIHI MAI KI TE,
POU WHAKAAKIWA,
KI TE RUATANGATA,
KI TE REO O TE WAI
OKOPAKO,
E NGUNGURU EHO NEI,
TE RAMAROA, KEI RUNGA
TAUKIRI E!!!

--------------------------------

THESE ARE WE,
TE HIKUTU OF HOKIANGA,
ENSHRINE UPON WHIRIA,
THE SACRED INCANTATIONS,
THE TAPROOT OF STRIFE,
THE PROTECTOR OF RAHIRI,
THE GIFT OF LOVE,
ALAS.

REVEAL IN VERSE THE GENEOLOGY,
WHO MIGHT WE BE,
DESCENDANTS OF RAHIRI,
TAURAMOKO BEYOND,
DESCENT,
GENERATION TO GENERATION,
OUR PEOPLE,
OUR TRIBES.

EXPOUND AND KNOWLEDGE IN ORATORY,
THE PA OF POU-WHAKAAKIWA,
OF RUATANGATA,
THE MURMURING SONG
OF THE CASCADING WATERS OF OKOPAKO,
YONDER IN DEED,
TE RAMAROA, MOUNTAIN OF MAJESTY,
BE FEARED!!!

Thanks once again for your reply and i will contact your mother-inlaw very soon.its been wonderful talking to you both
kiaora
arohanui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 September, 2005 7:32 pm
stubbornforgey OWC
(@stubbornforgey-owc)

My nephew is actually married to a Morunga
and the caretaker at our school (redhill primary,
redcrest..papakura) is a Morunga

I will direct him to this site when school starts back in another weeks time.
kia ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 September, 2005 2:17 pm
willym OWC
(@willym-owc)

quote:

Kia ora, my partner is a Morunga. He grew up in Upper Hutt and his parents are still living there. Ray and Margaret Morunga. Do you know them if you would like to get in contact with them let me know and i'll forward your contact to them.

kia ora
yes please and can you give me their address and phone # please so i can arrange a visit with them.its been along time since i've seen my whanau and i cant wait till i see them in Christmas. thank you for your time and patients,greatly appreciated.
willym

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 September, 2005 8:55 am
stubbornforgey OWC
(@stubbornforgey-owc)

ahh ..will do that . 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 September, 2005 10:28 am
K.Wright OWC
(@k-wright-owc)

Kia Ora Whanau,

Can you please tell me if Rahiri Tauramoko had a brother named Tangaroa Whakamanamana?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 June, 2006 3:34 pm
Willow-Jean Downs OWC
(@willow-jean-downs-owc)

Kia ora,

Tauramoko and Te Hauangiangi had:

Tangaroa-whakamanamana (t)
Rahiri (t)
Maui (t)
Punateariari (w)

Nga mihi
Willow-Jean

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 June, 2006 5:07 pm
soul OWC
(@soul-owc)

kia ora, i am wondering if anyone is currently online now and knows any of the morunga whanau from napier inparticular james or jim morunga

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 July, 2006 3:48 pm
K.Te Keepa Rata Te Awe OWC
(@k-te-keepa-rata-te-awe-owc)

Kia Ora Willow-Jean.

I appreciate your reply

Kim

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 July, 2006 12:04 pm
horibop2000 OWC
(@horibop2000-owc)

jim morunga is the blind man from marenui in napier he had alot to do with marenui rugby club in their early years his whannu are from wairoa

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 August, 2006 11:45 pm
Share: