Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

MURUPAENGA / MAIHI (MARSH) / HONGI, Rawiri : Looking for NGATI KURI Whanau  

Page 1 / 2 Next
Tiaa OWC
(@tiaa-owc)

Kia Ora,

I am looking for whanau from Te Hapua. I was raised by my grandmother who was born and schooled at Te Hapua Native School. She was born on the 14/06/1918. Her name was Merita Elizabeth Murupaenga. Rita as everyone called her, went under her stepfathers name Rita Elizabeth Maihi (Marsh). She married twice. First to Kaipuke Pukeroa. That marrage was six months brief. Her final husband was Te Ta Tau Pura Hori from Waikere.

Rita's Mother was Mihi Peka Murupaenga. Mihi was married to Wairama Maihi from Ahipara. Whether he was originally from Te Rarawa iwi is uncertain.

Mihi's mother was Emri Hopa (emily job/b), and her father was Murupaenga born in 1860. Emri was the first wife to Murupaenga, then he took up another wife who was Maata Waitai (Tepene)

Emri's mother was Mihi Peka Hinga. Mihi Hinga's husband was Rawiri Hongi.

Rawiri's first wife was Mihi Hinga and his second wife was Harata Penere.

(Whewww)

The Children by Rawiri and his second wife Harata Penere are:

Nauma, Karanui, Panoro, Kamene and Terekia.

NAUMA's wife was Makinihi Waitai. Their children were Keka, Ori, Ruta, Ngapeka, Hare, Tuwai, MokoHorea, Rapine and Ngauma.

KARANUI's wife was Harriet Herewini. Their children were Tikitiki, Rawiri, Winimarma, Teataiti, Arihia and Ngaropi.

I am looking or hoping for a reply from any descendants of the above names. I am also looking for descendants of Wairama Maihi. I opologise in advance for any mispelling

Edited by - pearlau on Mar 09 2005 2:24:45 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 February, 2005 1:31 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora Tiaa,

One of our members has Ngati Kuri in their username. If you go to the front of the Papa Panui and click on Members, then put Ngati in the box and hit the search button, you will find them.

May be they can help

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 February, 2005 5:59 am
toko OWC
(@toko-owc)

Kia ora Tiaa,
I am familiar with the name Waitai as Maata Waitai is my great grandmother and yes she married Murupaenga.Harata Penere or Paneere? if Paneere then she also is my great grandmother on my fathers side.
kia ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 March, 2005 8:04 pm
nud_kiwi OWC
(@nud_kiwi-owc)

Kia Ora.
Some Ngati Kuri live in Maungamuka. Try ring the Maungamuka General Store. Sorry don't know phone number.

Ka Kite

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 March, 2005 6:24 pm
tehikumaoriparty OWC
(@tehikumaoriparty-owc)

Kia Ora, Tiaa again. With regards to Rawiri ing this number (09)4067283 and ask for Winnie and say that Maryanne said to ring this number to help you with searching for your tupuna. Let her know who you are and all the korero you have given in finding your tupuna.
Arohanui Maryanne.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 March, 2005 2:30 pm
hkaranui OWC
(@hkaranui-owc)

quote:

Kia Ora,

I am the grandaughter of Teataiti and Alfred Jame Housham, she had 1 child Alfred James Karanui, who is my father. My grandmother died giving birth to my father,so he was bought up by his grandmother Harriet Herewini. My father married Kuini TahiTahi(nee Maahi)and they had 8 children, Alfred ,Monty ,Robbie, Harriet,Marigold,Maramatanga,Logan,Walter. Hope this helps.

Harriet Karanui.

Edited by - hkaranui on Nov 22 2005 7:35:56 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 November, 2005 4:25 pm
joanna OWC
(@joanna-owc)

I know of a Maihi who's mother was a Murupaenga from Te Hapua and his father was Karena Hare-Huru, is this the same person?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 December, 2005 3:58 pm
jossmuru OWC
(@jossmuru-owc)

Kiora, I am the grandson of David muru, son of Sam muru from kaitaia.My great grandfather shortened the name from Murupaenga. My grandfather married Hannah Dunn, sister of Tom Dunn, Craven Dunn, Claude Dunn, Joe Dunn and Buck Dunn.Trying to contact any Whanau in relation.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 January, 2006 7:04 pm
mokomoko32 OWC
(@mokomoko32-owc)

Kia Ora,

My great-grandmother is Ani Murupaenga from Te Hapua if you would like to know a little bit about your whakapapa you can ring my grandmother Mrs Rose Huru who was married to Maihi(Marsh ) Hare Huru who can put you in touch with some of the Murupaenga family for your whakapapa. Ani Murupaenga was Marsh(Maihi) mother

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 April, 2006 11:29 pm
mokomoko32 OWC
(@mokomoko32-owc)

Forgot to leave ph number 09 268-7338

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 April, 2006 11:30 pm
Tiaa OWC
(@tiaa-owc)

Kia Ora everyone. All your information and tidbits have gone a long way. All thew contacts you have left have also payed off in a positive way.....many thanks to you all

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 May, 2006 12:02 am
daph1 OWC
(@daph1-owc)

Kia ora whanau. I am a descendant of Wairama Maihi. My mother is Becca (Cilla) nee Marsh (Gardiner) and her sister is Rose Popata nee Henry. Their mother was Parerangi Henry nee Maihi (desceased). Parerangi's sister are, Jane (Heni) Pukeroa, nee Maihi (desceased); Josephine (Doody) Ryder, nee Maihi (desceased); Isabella (Bella) Walters, nee Maihi; living in Ahipara. Their is a brother, Wairama Maihi living in Palmerston North. Their father was Eru Maihi who married Rosie Grant of Ngati Rehua (Great Barrier), Eru Maihi's father was Wairama Maihi Te Huhu. I'm unsure who Eru's mother was. This info is accurate. Myself and two of my sisters are also tracing the Maihi whanau and that of Ngati Rehua. I hope this has been of use. Ka kite ano.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 May, 2006 12:24 am
ngati_kuri@hotmail.com OWC
(@ngati_kurihotmail-com-owc)
Eminent Member

Thanks for your post Tiaa.

Paneere Natana m Pahimata
Children:
Manihera m Nau Enoka,
Hana m Isaac Sylva (Mehaka Hiriwa)
Nau no m or issue,
Mata m Paratene Hinga,
Rahera m Rameka Mita,
Harata m Harowe Teddy,
Tuhiata m Moa Tukiroa.
Pahira &
Te Pania no m or issue.

I am from the line of Hana & Isaac.

My mother is the daughter of Martha Sylva nee Henare. Her cousin is Fred Henry who married Parerangi. I have met Rose Popata. So greetings also to more Ngaitakoto whaunau her sister Cilla & daughter daph1.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 May, 2006 4:23 pm
daph1 OWC
(@daph1-owc)

Kia ora Tiaa. Mihi Peka Murupaenga was married to George (Hori) Maihi. They have a son named Ralph (Kohi) Marsh. Wairama is my great great grandfather, and George (Hori) was his older brother. Raiha and Heeni are their full sisters.
Rita had a daughter called Kiri who attended Ahipara school with my mum, Cilla nee Marsh.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 May, 2006 10:13 pm
hkaranui OWC
(@hkaranui-owc)

Tena Koutau te whanau onga Karanui,
Ko Kuini Karanui [nee Tahitahi] My mother is Erina Mokai Maihi she married Tamati Tahitahi. I was only 9 years old when my mother died and 17years when my dad passed away .I found out that my mothers father was Hori Wairama Maihi I met some of my Aunties Doody Ryder and Eliasa nee Maihi. If any one knows any more on my mothers sise of the whanau, I never knew who Erina Mokai Maihis brother or Sisters were.I would appreciate that very much.If you on computor please leave all information on Whanau Whaakapapa

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 August, 2006 2:03 pm
Page 1 / 2 Next

Working

Please Login or Register