Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

MURUPAENGA / MAIHI (MARSH) / HONGI, Rawiri : Looking for NGATI KURI Whanau  

RSS
Mikaere OWC
(@mikaere-owc)

Kia Ora hkaranui.
I read your post and am interested in knowing who your grandmothers name was. I am also a decendant of Hori Wairama Maihi through his last wife Mihi Peka Murupaenga. I believe that he had three wives which was not unusual back then. Another wife of his was Lovinia Puhipi Nepia

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 December, 2006 8:25 am
hmiles OWC
(@hmiles-owc)

Kia Ora, In response to the posting early this year by Jason Muru (jossmuru).
My name is Helen Miles I'm pretty sure I'm your 1st cousin.
My grandfather is David Muru - grandmother Hannah Muru (nee Dunn).
My Mother Was Leslie (Rehe) Murupaenga.

I tried to contact you but perhaps your e-mail address has changed. I would really like to get in contact with you.

Helen

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 December, 2006 12:14 am
thesaints1 OWC
(@thesaints1-owc)

hi have just signed in as new member would love to hear from family
my dad was gimma murupaenga krysia is my mum she is polish living in wellington my name is janina or nina for short have three brothers steve edward phillip alfred passed away a few years ago all still living in wellington i live in aussie would love to hear from family out there

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 December, 2006 1:59 am
ngati_kuri@hotmail.com OWC
(@ngati_kurihotmail-com-owc)
Eminent Member

ALL PEOPLE OF GOODWILL INVITED

Nga Uri o Muriwhenua
Ngati Kuri
(Descendants of Muriwhenua – Ngati Kuri)
Invitation
To attend the Kotahitanga to be held at:
Te Reo Mihi Marae
Te Hapua
31st Dec – 03 Jan 2007
Transport: own (Do you have a spare seat for share petrol costs)?

Accommodation: Te Reo Mihi Marae – Te Hapua

Program:
The purpose of the Journey is to answer the call of our ancestors; to relate to the traditions, culture, & heritage of Ngati Kuri.

This is a great opportunity is for all to spend time as a family.

The journey home will be honoured by your participation.
PLEASE FORWARD THIS INFORMATION ON TO ALL!

For further details and full program: ngati_kuri@hotmail.com
There will be plenty of time for introductions, songs & stories, presentations from various families, trips around the area etc.
…………………….……………………………………………………………………………….
BOOKING FORM Ngati Kuri Hui 31 Dec – 3 Jan 07
Family name: ……………………….………………… First name: ………………………………..…………..……
Address: …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..
Ph: …………………...…Mobile: …….………………………Email: ………………………..…..…………………..…
Number attending: Adults: …………..………………Children: ………….…………………
Your pro-rata contribution will support electricity, gas, linen and other housekeeping, food for the 3 days and the donation for the marae’s upkeep. Once your booking form is received your name will be registered. Bookings will be taken for a total of 200 participants. Payment will be collected on arrival or can be paid by chq, direct debit National Bank of NZ A/C 0901 0412539 - 18 or by postal note. The projected costs will be $150 - $180 per individual family unit (e.g. 2A 2C or approx $20 per adultx3 days and $10x3 days per child). Cost to be finalised by Nov 06
POST: R Leoni, 169 Carrington Rd Mt Albert Auckland NZ EMAIL: ngati_kuri@hotmail.com
PH: 09 846 0245 & M*: 021 460245 - Marae from the 31st Dec: 09 409 7885

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 December, 2006 11:11 am
bayzgurl OWC
(@bayzgurl-owc)

Kia ora Tiaa

My grandfather was Hongi Maihi (john marsh) brother to Dave Maihi,Mita Maihi and Ralph Maihi Eliza Maihi (same mum dif dad)and Rita Maihi (same mum dif dad)My gradfather past on the 20th March 2007. Uncle Ralph is the only living child of Mihi Peka Murupaenga and Hori Wairama Maihi.

mother was Mihi Peka Murupaenga and father was Hori Wairama Maihi
You can contact me either through e-mail renee.21@xtra.co.nz or 02102330435

Naku noa na
Renee

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 January, 2008 10:56 am
OrianaThompson
(@orianathompson)

Kia ora,

My name is Oriana Thompson (Tamihana). My Father (is the third eldest) Benjamin Tamihana son of Maihi Te Huhu Tamihana and Rawinia Tamihana nee Hemi Maaka. Both descendants of Te Huhu and Maata. My Grandfather Maihi Te Huhu grandmother is Ngapeka Panapa (Wairama sister) and My Grandmother Rawinia her Great Grandfather is Wairama Maihi Te Huhu. So my whanau is very close linked so I have recently discovered. I am on a whakapapa hikoi as well. I have read whanau comments in here it's very exciting as you can imagine. I never met my Grandmother so I didnt grow up with much of her whanau. It's great to know how vast our whanau is. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 March, 2019 11:12 am
Share: