Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

NETANA/HARRIS/MINHINNICK, Taia/Patuawa/Hana/Rora: Help with my whakapapa  

Patrick OWC
(@patrick-owc)

Looking for information from anyone who might have known my great grandparents Taia Netana and his wife Hana Harris. Great grandfather, Ngati Whatua, Great grandmother, Ngapuhi. My grandfather Patuawa Netana was the oldest son who I was named after Patrick Netana Garrick. My grandfather and grandmother Rora nee Minhinnick had 14 children. My mother being the youngest was named after Hana Harris. Trying to find out more information if anyone can help me on who they were.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 May, 2005 1:35 pm
Ngaku OWC
(@ngaku-owc)

Kia Ora Paddy
Fancy seeing you here! This is Nadine.
Have you tried www.familysearch.org? This is one of the most comprehensive database available.
When you are in - click on 'Search'
Type in first name and surname in boxes provided
Then click New Zealand in 'All Countries'
Good Luck and get back to me if you need help.
Ka Kite, Nadine

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 May, 2005 5:05 pm
vysharn OWC
(@vysharn-owc)

kia ora you can email my friend ursula who can help you at

bearandaara@ihug.co.nz

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 May, 2005 5:37 pm
bunty howearth OWC
(@bunty-howearth-owc)

Kia Ora Patrick
The Netana Patuawa whanau gather with all the known whakapapa at Taita Marae Mamaranui, north of Dargaville, every year around 30th September which falls on a friday this year so I'd say they would hold it that weekend. If you email me at pakanae_bunty@hotmail.com I will send it on to one of the cousins who can get a panui emailed to you.
My own great grandfather was Hipiriona the eldest brother of Taia.
Good Luck in your search
Bunty Howearth

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 June, 2005 2:40 pm
Sharlayne OWC
(@sharlayne-owc)

Kia Ora Patrick,
NETANA - caught my eye, as i am researching my family line of NETANA TAKAROKI whom was in Kaipara around the 1800's. Came across a little information online re: NETANA PATUAWA: http://www.onenzfoundation.co.nz/TeRoroaFalseClaim.htm
on page 18.Netana's (Nathan) Will.
Hope this helps.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 June, 2005 6:05 pm
witewhiu OWC
(@witewhiu-owc)

Tena koe,spotted the name Minhinnick whanau.Awesome family from Taranaki but married
into Ngati-te-ata.Waiuku.Worked closely with a
Tahuna Minhinnick on a past project called Maraerobic which is screened on Maaori T.V.
Keep up the research.
Matariki Stars in Hokianga.
24th.June.2005.
Copthorne Resort and Hotel.Hokianga.
Blessings

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 June, 2005 12:32 am
Sharlayne OWC
(@sharlayne-owc)

Kia Ora (again) Patrick,
I've just read Witewhiu's note re: Minhinnick Waiuku whanau. My aunty Sheila married Peka Edwards-Pitman, their children (my cousins) are cousins to the young adults whom starred in Maraerobics .... Edwards-Pitman / Minhinnick, they are all ONE out there in UKU (agree with Witewhiu - awesome whanau). If you would like to know more, i can forward to you my aunty's email address. Uncle Peka, Aunty Sheila & my cousins are currently living in Brisbane, Australia.
🙂

Edited by - Sharlayne on Jun 09 2005 09:42:44 AM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 June, 2005 9:42 am
The Know it all OWC
(@the-know-it-all-owc)

quote:

Looking for information from anyone who might have known my great grandparents Taia Netana and his wife Hana Harris. Great grandfather, Ngati Whatua, Great grandmother, Ngapuhi. My grandfather Patuawa Netana was the oldest son who I was named after Patrick Netana Garrick. My grandfather and grandmother Rora nee Minhinnick had 14 children. My mother being the youngest was named after Hana Harris. Trying to find out more information if anyone can help me on who they were.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 June, 2005 11:45 am
The Know it all OWC
(@the-know-it-all-owc)

To find out more on the Minhinnick and Harris family check out, the Nicholas Family from Tauranga website http://groups.msn.com/TheNicholasFamily/_whatsnew.msnw

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 June, 2005 11:48 am
jpatuawa OWC
(@jpatuawa-owc)

Kia Ora whanau

Be very careful when looking at that One NZ website as set out by Sharlayne and bear in mind it has been placed there by a disgruntled unsuccessful litigant and will have a slanted view on matters. I really don't advocate that we promote people looking at it.
As for the original query, kia kaha, the Taita Marae advice was good

Jolene

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 June, 2006 2:26 pm
kempstar OWC
(@kempstar-owc)

Kia ora Patrick,very surprised to see your panui..Taia Patuava originaly and Hana Harris are my great grandparents also..i can send you our whakapapa that has been left by my mother Ngarui Kopa,her mother was Te Raa Netana the only daughter of Hana and Taia..i hope this leaves you in good spirits and wait to hear from you..kia ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 March, 2008 9:18 pm
kempstar OWC
(@kempstar-owc)

they also had son,s i think there were 5 but i will confirm once i get everything together..

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 March, 2008 10:43 am

Working

Please Login or Register