Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Ngaamo  

RSS
riknsi OWC
(@riknsi-owc)

Hi my name is Simon Somervell, my mothers name is Lynne Goebel (Ngaamo) my uncles names are Tim Ngaamo and John Adams (Ngaamo) and my Aunty is Jane (Ngaamo). They were born and raised for a short while in Kihi Kihi before moving to Auckland with their parents, my grandparents, Duane- AKA Robert 'Bob'and Rosemary ( Flutey ) Ngaamo. I think that my papa Duane was the son of Kura? My grandfather died young so we have lost that Ngaamo link especially being in Auckland. I'm after any information about the Ngaamo Whanau/whakapapa, Marae, people who knew my Papa etc as I never knew him. I do know that we are related to Amohanga somehow as someone once told me. Please help me know and meet whanau.

Edited by - riknsi on Nov 04 2005 10:45:25 AM

Edited by - riknsi on Nov 04 2005 4:00:55 PM

Posted : 03 November, 2005 8:46 am
jackya OWC
(@jackya-owc)

Kia ora Simon
Te Rauroha & Tema are the parents to Ngaho,Tom, Kura, Johnson, Ngawai, Parekarau, Hinewai, Raiha (who passed away early). Your g/grandfather Kura. My grandmother is Hinewai. Thus, my father & your g/father are 1st cousins.I think the connection with the Amohanga whanau is this: Johnson's daughter Francis married Reupena who was the son of Ani Te Amohanga. Tom Ngaamo married Mere Te Amohanga (Ani's Sister) & Hinewai Ngaamo married Joe Te Amohanga (their brother) - Nanny Tema died in 1939 buried at Kihi Kihi Cemetery, (no grave markings) but somewhere by granny Parekarau & Ngawai. There were 9 children althogether, but Glenis will know more as she has been researching the Ngaamo whanau for a few years now. I have tracked her down now, so if u would like her number please email me at tupaearapaera@optusnet.com.au If I'm right Glenis's mum is Audrey who is your g/dad's sister?
Kia ora ano kia koe cousin.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 November, 2005 12:03 pm
parukuri OWC
(@parukuri-owc)

pungarehu ngaamo & tema petera were the parents of our tipuna as fore mentioned in jackie's comment cousin kia ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 November, 2007 6:27 pm
jh OWC
(@jh-owc)

quote:

Kia ora Simon
Te Rauroha & Tema are the parents to Ngaho,Tom, Kura, Johnson, Ngawai, Parekarau, Hinewai, Raiha (who passed away early). Your g/grandfather Kura. My grandmother is Hinewai. Thus, my father & your g/father are 1st cousins.I think the connection with the Amohanga whanau is this: Johnson's daughter Francis married Reupena who was the son of Ani Te Amohanga. Tom Ngaamo married Mere Te Amohanga (Ani's Sister) & Hinewai Ngaamo married Joe Te Amohanga (their brother) - Nanny Tema died in 1939 buried at Kihi Kihi Cemetery, (no grave markings) but somewhere by granny Parekarau & Ngawai. There were 9 children althogether, but Glenis will know more as she has been researching the Ngaamo whanau for a few years now. I have tracked her down now, so if u would like her number please email me at tupaearapaera@optusnet.com.au If I'm right Glenis's mum is Audrey who is your g/dad's sister?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 January, 2008 6:42 pm
jh OWC
(@jh-owc)

quote:

Kia ora Simon

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 January, 2008 6:44 pm
jh OWC
(@jh-owc)

quote:

Kia ora Simon

Hi there, im interested that you know something of the Te Amohanga whanau. My great great grandmother was Hana Te Amohanga whos mother was Hinekura, and her father Te Amohanga. Hanas sister was Mere married to Captain Bayne and had children Rauaangi, Manawa and Reremoana. Mere's children are the cousins of my Hana Te Amohanga's children who are; Tamati,Ani, Meri (my great grandmother)and Hera. Can you tell me some more about Merehana, Joe and Hana's siblings (if any others not previously mentioned) and anything you might know about the parents Te Amohanga and Hinekura. I know they were based in Kihikihi and then moved subsequent to the Orakau massacre. I visited Kihikihi and te Awamutu (Orakau and Otawhao) over xmas for the purpose of following up some reseach on whakapapa my mother had done and recently passed on to me. I have the whakapapa for Table 84 and can trace the line down unbroken but its the personal history Iam interested in just as much, eg can you identify a hapu and marae. Can you tell me some personal characteristics, stories, to help me know them better, a photo perhaps.I feel a need to make these connections. I have since started communicating with another descendant of te Waana and this is very exciting for me, Iam prepared to make a trip to talk in person if this would be more appropriate. I want to respect that some people are unwilling to share over the internet.
kind regards
Jil (identity jh)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 January, 2008 7:07 pm
Pikikotuku OWC
(@pikikotuku-owc)

Kia ora my whanau my great nanny was Mere Te Amohanga married Tom Ngaamo Kapatuhi-Hangatiki and te tokanganui a noho my Tupuna Whares.Hetet Whanau.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 January, 2008 11:09 pm
Wahinegold OWC
(@wahinegold-owc)

Kia Ora, my name is Kylie Ngaamo my father is Lawrence Roy (Tony)Ngaamo son of Kura and Hazel Ngaamo. Dad's siblings include Terry Audrey Bob Doreen and Patsy. If you are interested I can help you with our family tree.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 January, 2008 3:31 pm
kukukarena OWC
(@kukukarena-owc)

kia ora whanau my grandmother was hinewai ngaamo married to reremoana (joe) Te Amohanga.
My nana is buried at kihikihi cemetry by the fence at the back to the left in the corner.
I too would like to know my nanas whanau.
Any help would be much appreciated.
kia ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 March, 2008 7:41 pm
Share: